1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Liex

Liex King

There isn't a Khazar suggestion in the Pouakai's list, only in the Marduk80's one (it has been a while since I last saw him online). I guess they are in charge, but I don't know what the criteria are. It'd be nice to see multiple, alternative suggestions, especially for civs that offers so many possibilities such as the Portuguese, but perhaps there are physical or practical limits to that.

2. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

No, I'm sure I meant the Algonquins. I mentioned them because like the Iroquois the Algonquin were a group of tribes, rather than an independent tribe.

3. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Eh. True, but that describes a very, very large number of nations people might be familiar with.

4. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

post 12

5. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

I dont see the reason why there could be 2 Khazar suggestions, esp. that me and seems not only me my/Kurtbob suggestion is more polished and unique, than Khagan Bek similar to china build.
    also with GnK religion system and Khazar religious history it must be somehow related to Religion multitude in their history
    Also, hey, they were traders.

6. Kurtbob

Kurtbob Prince

Perhaps there simply isn't room on page 1?

You might want to try messaging Camikaze, MARDUK80 or Pouakai. They might know.

7. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I don't see a reason why there can't be 2 suggestions of the same civs...
    I mean:"Everybody has the right to express his/her opinion"

8. Kurtbob

Kurtbob Prince

Well, if only one idea can indeed be posted per civ I don't think it is because there is a wish to deny opinions. It is probably just a means of keeping things organized and up to date. It would be quite a list if every single idea out there was put on the front page regardless of how polished or unpolished it was (how do you distinguish an idea is polished enough and therefore worthy of the front page?). People would be yammering on about 'why hasn't my idea been posted yet!' and so on. Not exactly fun for the thread creators.

However, I am sure something could be done. Those that created the thread could be messaged, could look over the idea submitted to them, and they could post it to the front page. It's all in what they think is best.

9. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

I admit I love the Khagan/Bek idea of the old Khazar idea - but the other 2 ideas you have Slyvnn I like just as much.

A combination of those 3 would be pretty cool :D

Perhaps instead of the Bek giving additional strength - it works as a regular Great general. The real nice part of it is the Khagan - and fits nicely into a Khazaria mold.

10. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

We could alternatively give the Khagan/Bek to the Cherokee (I think it was them) as the White Peace / Red War chief

11. mposyncckh

mposyncckh Chieftain

Sorry if this has already been a thread but I was just wondering what civs people want added to the game. With Gods and Kings we have 34 but there is still room for more. I think alot of people want to see the Zulu but I personally want to see Poland because so far Russia is the only country from Eastern Europe and Poland could be an interesting Medieval based civ. Please comment about what civs you want added

Moderator Action: Sorry, we already have a thread for this -> threads merged.

12. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

A lot of people want a lot of civs. Probably Ideas and suggestions is best place for this (this is a topic that has been done to death. And while some want the Zulu and Poland - there are also a lot of people who don't want those two and are pretty vehemently against those 2 ideas)

13. OmniPotent42

OmniPotent42 King

TEXAS!!!!!
    I NEED TEXAS!!!!
    Texas is the most important country that ever existed in the history of the WORLD!!!!
    Leader: Sam Houston
    UA: Remember the Alamo! - Fortifications and citadels are 50% more effective. Oil discovered at steam power
    UB: Saloon, replaces theater. Grants 4 happiness and is maintinence free.
    UU: Frontiersmen, replaces musketman. Does not count towards unit maintinence and gains +1 movement in forests.

14. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

Heh; I think I remember seeing a suggestion similar to this in the thread already, UA may be a bit too weak

15. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

I have been meaning to carry on with the last two ideas for civs I have so far. Portugal still needs some fine tuning but for the most part I'm happy with what I've got, so I'm moving to the Sioux idea;
    the Sioux - Sitting Bull
    Friends of the Great Lakes - Improved Horse resources produce 1 :c5faith: Faith. Horse resources produce triple quantity.

Possible Unique Elements
    Dog Soldier, replacing the Horseman. Named 'Hotamétaneo'o', one of the six military societies. The society played a major role in the resistance against America. Possible
    x Consider promotions or adding strength.

Stats;
    65 :c5production: Production or 130 :c5faith: Faith
    (-10P/-20F)
    12 :c5strength: Combat Strength
    4 :c5moves: Movement
    -Promotions and Bonuses-
    No Defensive Terrain Bonus
    Can Move After Attacking
    -1/3 vs Cities
    Can Dismount
    (-25% :c5strength: Combat Strength, -50% :c5moves: Movement, Negates all Bonuses and Penalties) [I expanded from the idea I created for the Australian Light Infantry UU, essentially the same bonus expressed in a more general format]
    Woodsman (Dismounted) [Any Promotion or Bonus with '(Dismounted)' actives when the unit dismounts and deactivates when the unit mounts its horse.]
    ---
    Totem, replacing the Monument. Sculptures of wood carved from trees. Meaning of totem poles vary from legend, lineage, events in time, beliefs and deities to basic artistry.
    - Bonus in Faith
    x Consider bonus in Culture

Stats;
    40 :c5production: Production
    1 :c5gold: Maintenance
    2 :c5culture: Culture
    2 :c5faith: Faith
    1 extra :c5culture: Culture for every complete Social Policy Tree

I'm not so sure on the Totem's culture bonus, wither or not it should be culture or faith, but that aside how do you find it? The Dog Soldier's ability to dismount comes from what I understand about the Hotamétaneo'o society and their abilities to fight either on horseback or not.

16. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

Mixed with adding a native american religion this would be pretty good. I think though the triple quantity is a bit too strong.

Perhaps have it replace Knight or Lancer, to give it a better chance against those American Cavalrys. Lancer would be better IMO.
    Yeah the Social policy part is far too strong, and if you take that away its almost identical to the Stele. Perhaps have it replacing Shrine instead?
    If the Dog Soldier were to dismount, I don't think it would require very strong bonuses. Dismounting is a talent in its own. Perhaps give it defensive bonuses instead of dismounting, to give it the idea that the Dog Soldiers have gotten off their ponies and set up a fortification or something.

17. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

Ouch! I forgot 'Tree'; every complete Social Policy Tree. I've edited the mistake.
    I didn't want the thing to go up very high, the max the bonus it can go up to is seven - seven policy trees working at the same time. The original idea was to simply add 2 faith to it but I then realized it was the Stele so the culture per full tree idea was shakey. I'm also trying a similar idea for the next civ; bonus per number of policies.
    It was originally double Horses before but I got caught out for being too similar to Russia.
    Yea, I suppose Woodsman might be much for the UU. As for its replacing I'm not so sure, you do make a good point. It's late for me now so I'll come back tomorrow to edit the idea a bit.

18. Kurtbob

Kurtbob Prince

I like the UA, but you are right about copying Russia's UA. I think you would need to change the tripled horse part.

Dog soldiers were Cheyenne, not Sioux / Lakota. Sioux warrior societies:
    Kit Fox
    Crow Owner
    Brave Heart
    Badger
    Bare Lance Owners
    White Marked
    Miwatani

Members of a warrior society were known as Akicita which means soldier or guardsmen. A general term that could work as a UU.

Totem poles were built by native Americans of the northwest, not native americans of the plains.

I'll post more suggestions/ideas later.:)

19. OmniPotent42

OmniPotent42 King

I did post the other one, but I just posted that in a different forum before it got merged, as a semi-trolling post. But I just think it would be fun to have a bunch of shorter-lived countries in the mix, such as the Confederacy and other rebellion forces.

I think I should change it to oil discovered at steam power AND oil wells/rigs. It would allow you to beeline to flight without researching combustion and get a bunch of great war bombers and fighters up. Plus with all of the maintenance-free unique units and buildings I think they will be a great civ for expanding wide and turtling up behind their forts and citadels with tons of extra gold to spare. Do you think that the maintenance-free upgrade should be retained when upgraded to riflemen? That would make them a bit stronger.

20. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

I thought it looked familiar. Personally I don't think the promotion should carry on, it'd be too powerful in the long run. Adding the ability to build wells at Steam Engine makes it very nice.