1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 controls for Mac

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by Dermo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Dermo

Dermo Warlord

Hi everyone.
    Just got my first Mac after years of PC use (and loving it!)
    I was hoping someone could tell me how to:
    a: right click on the Mac Mouse/Trackpad
    b: zoom in/out with the Mac Mouse/Trackpad

I couldn't find any useful information in the documents that came with the computer or Civ5

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hi. Welcome to the world of Macs.

Right click is not enabled in the operating system by default. Apple alone knows why in this day and age! You need to open System Preferences, select Mouse. to see the different ways you can configure it. Check the box called "Secondary click", and make sure it is set to "Right". If you have an Apple mouse, it should have a touch sensitive surface, so even though you can't see two buttons, it should respond to pressure on the right hand side.

Change to System Preferences -> Trackpad to see the equivalent features for the trackpad.

The System Preferences -> Mouse and Trackpad screens both include movies showing how to use all the different options on your mouse and trackpad.

HTH

3. janthony

janthony Chieftain

Zooming in and out is page up and page down. If you're a laptop I imagine the function enabled versions should work. I guess all the new Mac products don't require a ctrl+click, as even the trackpads can have a 'right click' area. I still use an ancient trackball I found in an abandoned office six years ago. It's either this or a super expensive Wacom.

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Sorry! I didn't answer the zooming question. I just use the scroll function on my Apple Magic Mouse, and the trackpad's two-finger scroll works as well.

Right click on a trackpad is a two finger tap.

5. Dermo

Dermo Warlord

My thanks to you both, much appreciated