1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 Crashes during turn rotation while playing R.E.D. WW2 mod

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fellanas, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Fellanas

Fellanas Chieftain

I have downloaded the R.E.D ww2 mod and the datafiles. When i play the mod i get a certain amount of turns in, And the game freeze and crash when i would click next turn. I would save it before it would crash, re-load and always it would crash when i got to that turn. If i made a new Game i may get a few more turns in but it still always happens. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Moved to the respective subforum.

Guess Gedemon will know how to possibly help :).

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Which version of the mod, and which scenario please ?

4. Fellanas

Fellanas Chieftain

V. 30 of the edition, and v. 4 of the data files. And i am playing on the WW2 - July 1936 Scenario.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

The 1936 maps are still W.I.P, I can't really provide support for them.

Which side are you playing ? I know there was an issue that can cause crash when Paris is captured on that map in v.30.

6. Fellanas

Fellanas Chieftain

I am playing as the Germans (world conquest and all) But Paris has yet to be captured, i am only on turn 19, and it crashes when the U.K. goes through their turn.

7. Fellanas

Fellanas Chieftain

so can you think of any solutions?

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

for the 1936 maps ? no, sorry, only thing I can do in next version is to mark which maps are stable and which one are work in progress to avoid confusion.

9. Fellanas

Fellanas Chieftain

Alrighty then thanks for the help. Do you by chance know where i could go to maybe get some help?

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

11. bradley.sparks

bradley.sparks Chieftain

Do you know when the 1936 maps will be fully functional? I was having the same exact problem as Fellanas. But I love all your mods btw. Just wondering, when I could fully enjoy this one too!

12. Boal

Boal Chieftain

Hi, I am playing on a Macbook Pro as the UK and the game is indeed crashing when Paris is captured. I am on edition v31 in the Europe 1936 map with data files v4.
    I understand that this is the latest stable version for Mac? Is there any solution do this crash?

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

No, sorry, if you have that crash on your system, you'll have to turn off the Scripted Events option in your next game.

14. bobakanoosh

bobakanoosh Chieftain

I am having a problem similar to Boal's. but there are some differences. I'll lay out some versions (these are all ww2 related files):

data file - v. 4
    ww2 edition - v. 37
    Xtreme ww2 edition - v. 37
    fast air combat - v. 3

im experiencing this problem playing as the greeks in the europe 1939 scenario (not the small version). This scenario is labeled as stable, so it may be possible that this is a new error. perhaps its related to macbook pros? how new are all those file versions? My machine has 16 Gb RAM, so i definitely meet the 4 Gb RAM requirement. also, I have turned off scripted events and the crash still reliably occurs.

the crash itself occurs when it's britian's turn. the music/sound stops and the game acts like its still processing britian's turn, but upon minimizing Civ 5, i'd notice a "program has stopped working" error for the game.

Boal,

If you have the extra time, could you try to recreate what i'm doing (scenario, settings, etc.) and see if the same thing happens to you? this could be an error associated somehow with macs running dual partitions. which reminds me, are you running the game in windows 7 or OSX?

Gedemon,

any insight you can offer? anything im doing wrong? I just downloaded your mod files an hour ago and im really excited to play it. I hope that i'll be able to play it!

thank you.

15. Dragalex

Dragalex Chieftain

Are there some convoys in your game ?

16. MrManilow

MrManilow Chieftain

Are you using OSX? Because if I remember correctly the last apple friendly version was v.31. If I were you I'd download the v. 31 and replace v. 37 with it. Also disable the Xtreme ww2 edition and fast air combat, at least until you can get the base game working. I think the data file v. 4 will be okay for OSX, but try and see.

17. bobakanoosh

bobakanoosh Chieftain

Dragalex: I dont know. the crash happens very early in the game. not to mention that this is my first time playing this mod.

Manilow: I'm using windows 7. I downloaded the latest versions of everything via steam community. I was thinking the same thing about the extra mods i have enabled. I've been busy today so i havent had the chance to really troubleshoot this. Will post whether or not disabling the non-essentials made any difference at some point today.

18. Dragalex

Dragalex Chieftain

Hmmm, I think it could be related to convoys. Try with the InGameEditor activated. "Glance at the map", and destroy the british convoys (if, when the game crashes, it's written "preparing turn for UK"). It may help. :)

19. MrManilow

MrManilow Chieftain

Do what Dragalex says, and if you still have the bug upload the lua log. (The first post in the thread bug reports will tell you how to do this)

20. bobakanoosh

bobakanoosh Chieftain

Im not sure how I would go about destroying convoys...again, i've only played this mod for a day. Im pretty new to the introduced concepts of this mod. Do i have to remove some roads in britain?