1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 Design Challenge IV - History/Eras

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by Keniisu, Jan 13, 2016.

1. kul

kul Prince

SoGK's Nizar Ismailliyah for me
    I want to assasinate some assasins

2. Troller0001

Troller0001 I've anxiously awaited your arrival!

+1 for TheSuperDodo's Knights of St. John, with inthesomeday's Teutonic Knights coming in a close second place :)

P.s. What is up with that 'Trolly lolly' Arison? :lol:

3. TheSuperDodo

TheSuperDodo Unsettler

My vote goes to inthesomeday's Teutonic Knights!
    I really like how everything meshes together into a stable warfare civilization.

4. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

I'll be going with Dodo's Knights of St. John

5. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

[x]Papal State. I like to screw up my enemy without warfare

6. TheSuperDodo

TheSuperDodo Unsettler

So... is voting over?

7. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Go ahead Dodo

8. TheSuperDodo

TheSuperDodo Unsettler

Alright, I think this is the only era we didn't try yet:
    The Cold War!
    It's time for communism, nationalism, and other shenanigans!

9. Arison

Arison Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok

Let's do this thing. Sorry in advance if anyone gets offended, this deals with some sensitive subjects.

10. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

North Vietnam
    Leader: Ho Chi Minh

UA: Tien Quan Ca
    For the duration of war, units gain +1 Movement when outside enemy territory. Upon declaring friendship, North Vietnam and their friend both gain +5% Unit Production.

UU: Viet Cong
    Slightly weaker than the Infantry, which it replaces, the Viet Cong may freely move through Rough Terrain and is Invisible when in Forest or Jungle. Additionally, it gains a small Combat Bonus against units of a different Ideology and may build Punji Traps.

UI: Punji Trap
    Unlocked at Construction, the Punji Trap may be built on any unimproved tile regardless of ownership and is hidden to all other civilizations. When a unit moves onto a Punji Trap tile, the trap is revealed and the unit takes a large amount of damage (increasing with advances in military technology). Any North Vietnamese unit may repair the Punji Trap.

(Punji Traps may be built by Workers as well as Viet Cong)

11. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Blessed are the Cheesemakers

12. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

#Obsession

State of Israel (David Ben Gurion)
    UA: Holyland Startup
    Gain a :c5food: food upon expanding your territory, and gain a sum of yield based on your :c5war: ideology, increasing with each tent you have upon :c5citizen: citizen birth. Each follower of your :c5faith: religion in a city reduces the cost of new tiles and buildings in it by 1% (limited to 5% per era until the industrial era).

UU: Jewish Militia
    Replaces GWI. Both cheaper and weaker (40 :c5strength:) the Jewish miltia becomes more effective in the long run, with its ability to build forts, roads and repair improvements as well as the unique IDF promotion which it gains when adopting an ideology, that gives it :c5strength: strength equal to the level of the tenets you adopt (max. +30 overall).

UI: Kibbutz
    Truly unique, the kibbutz is a unique improvement unlocked at industrialisation and may not be adjacent to another kibbutz. It always yields +1 :c5culture: culture and :c5food: food, but it also gains yields based on adjacent resources, research (+1 :c5food: food after fertilizer, +1 :c5culture: culture and :c5gold: gold after biology) and ideology.

Spoiler :
    Ideology Bonuses:
    (Note that the bonus remains the same, even if you change the ideology)

Order: :c5production: Production, +1 :c5production: production from Kibuutz.
    Freedom: :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5food: food from kibbutz.
    Autocracy: :c5faith: Faith, +1 :c5faith: faith from kibbutz

Kibbutz Resource bonuses (the bonuses aren't increaseed if there's more then one adjacent resource from a certain type)
    Adjacent Strategic resource: +1 :c5production: Production (double if you chose order or autocracy).
    Adjacent luxury resource: +1 :c5gold: Gold (double if you chose freedom or autocracy)
    Adjacent bonus resource: +1 :c5food: food (double if you chose freedom or order).

13. kul

kul Prince

Indonesia
    Spoiler :

Leader:Soeharto
    Capital: Jakarta

UA: New Order
    Units receive small combat bonus per each Social Policies (+0.50%) or Ideological Tenets(+1.0%) your enemies had adopted, but you didnt take. Free Espionage buildings when you construct Military buildings of the same era, and vice versa.

UU: Kopassus
    More expensive replacement for Paratrooper with higher strength (+10) that ignores enemy ZOC, but heals slower than its counterpart. Stationing Kopassus inside a City formerly owned by your Rivals will give you a Science or Production boost in your Capital. This ability only happened one time per City.

UB: BAKIN

Unique National Wonder that replaces the NSA. Only requires a Police Station in the City that it was being built, instead of its normal prequisites. Besides the normal bonuses of the NSA, this building strengthen your Spies and Diplomats, by giving a 33% Tourism penalty for their target's Tourism towards you, and stationing them inside your Cities give you +3 Tourism.

14. Natan35

But new functions are a UA thing... And its not, like, unit related...

15. kul

kul Prince

nAH, those '''functions'''' only ties the Spies, thus I deemed it as permissible for it to be an 'Unique Unit' that the spies can 'turn themselves' into. Its all unique anyway

16. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

The better way to do it would say it's a UB and then say that your spies can do x thing if they have the UB in the capital or whatever

:c5war: The People's Liberation Army :c5war:
    :c5capital: Pampanga
    Luis Taruc

UA: Alipato
    When at :c5war: war with civilizations following another ideology, their farms begin to :c5production: produce contemporary infantry units for your civilization. Units gain +5% :c5strength: strength each turn they end fighting in territory that is :c5occupied: occupied by an enemy civ (max 20%).

UU: Huk
    Replaces infantry. May use enemy improvements, and enemy farms act as both forts and roads. When starting a turn in territory that is :c5occupied: occupied by an enemy, Huks have +20% :c5strength: defense against ranged attacks for the duration of the turn.

UU: Magbubukid
    Replaces worker. No :c5gold: maintenance upkeep, and builds farms in half the usual time. If captured by an enemy with a different ideology, has a chance to spawn an inactive contemporary infantry unit adjacent to the enemy.

Natan with Israel, kul with Indonesia... So naturally, me with Philippines.

17. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

DDR - Walter Ulbricht

UA:Work for Everyone - If a improvement gets finished the nearest city gains a little :c5production: production boost. Civil units has a 50% cheaper :c5gold: maintaince and :c5production: production costs.

UU: NVA Infantry - Replaces the Infantry, which gains a :c5strength: combat bonus in friendly territory and an extra :c5strength: combat bonus if stationed at the border to a civilization with a other ideology.

UB: Kombinat - Replaces the Workshop and the Factory at once. The Kombinate are more expansive to build and have a higher maintance cost, but you can build three Kombinate per city, which have special abilitys besides the regular +2 :c5production:.

Baukombinat/Combinat of Construction - +10% stronger :c5production: when working on buildings.

Handwerkerkombinat/ Combinat of the Craftmans - +1 :c5production: on every bonus and strategic ressource.

Wissenschaftliches Kombinat/ Combinat for Science - +2 :c5science: on every strategic ressource.

18. kul

kul Prince

I think I might go along with this edit. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been away longer than I intended to my CiV so my memory about the whole mechanic shebang seemed a bit rusty.

Cold War can be a touchy subject, so its best that we write what we know, haha

19. Natan35

I've never considered it "touchy" though...

20. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

...I knew I should write Palestine