Civ 5 in 2018 & 2019

CivStang

Chieftain
Recently I just got back into the game after many years away. Civ 5 is still quite an enjoyable game and still feels contemporary. As far as I can gather all Firaxis development stopped on the game around late 2014?

Looking at the steam statistics, it looks like the game has had a fairly constant player base at still around 25,000 players per day, and is still in steam top 10 which is in the ballpark of its heyday. I was wondering will Firaxis ever do anything more with the game.

As I have been playing through, i've been thinking I would happily pay for more DLC on Civ 5, even if they trickle feed it out.

What exactly do you think will be the way forward over the next 2 years for Civ? I bought Civ 6 and the expansion, but its just too corny with the leader animations and strategic view is very hard on the eyes. I don't think i'll ever play Civ 6 again which leaves a gap until Civ 7 i guess?

Couldn't they have just kept improving Civ 5? Even though the codebase is from 2007 - 2010 era, there are still a lot of players on it.

Highly doubtful they will ever put out anything new for Civ 5 but that is what we have modders for and there are some very talented ones out there still doing what they do best.

Yep, mods make civ5 into a new game. But funny thing is, after playing with mods for a half a year, i'm back into classic. And even stuff like weak beliefs or policies does not faze me anymore. I find them quirky.

Top Bottom