1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(Civ 5) Modding personality of city states

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Mr_Wii, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Mr_Wii

Mr_Wii Chieftain

In the civ wiki, it says that the city states' personality (friendly hostile etc) are chosen randomly, but to my knowledge the vanilla CS have a scripted personality

Is there a way to code which personality my modded city states in advance aswell?

Moderator Action: Moved to main C&C forum as that is where questions go. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2020
  2. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

The personality is defined by the MinorCivTrait column in the MinorCivilizations table.

3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

MinorCivTrait defines whether they are Militaristic, Religious, Cultured, Maritime, or Mercantile.

Whether they are Friendly, Hostile, Insane (Erratic as I recall), etc., is a different issue so far as I am aware and not directly pre-determinable via Database code.

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

It's randomly generated within the DLL. I added a SetPersonality() Lua method.

It's also not used a great deal - the AI uses it when determining if the CS should be chosen for a gold gift, and it affects the types of quest the CS chooses, but that's pretty much it.