1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 more popular than Civ 6

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by youngsteve, May 29, 2019.

1. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

civ 6 looks like a cheap mobile phone game, civ 5 came out in 2010 yet has better graphics than a new civ game, wtf?

also civ 5 has better mods.

civ 5 plays the way i like it to play whereas civ 6 doesn't and likely never will.

also with vox populii civ 5 has smart AI that can actually play.

Ron West likes this.
  2. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I switch between 5 and 6 every couple of months. I like both. They're different enough that I think both experiences are worthwhile. You can't play them the same way though. In Civ 5 I like to go tall and full-on science and barely fight at all, and I often end up with 3 or 4 cities that have absolutely every building, and 2-3 extras that I made lategame for resources. In civ 6 fighting is more unavoidable and you won't get everything you want, so you have to do a bit more priotiziing.

3. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

AI in Civ 6 is not challenging at all. When it will be moddable, Civ 6 might become interesting to play.