Civ 5 on sale for £4.99 (note: deal finished)

Yep, just bought it, activated the serial key with steam and ready to finally give it a shot.

I am certain I wil be disappointed, being a hardcore Civ4 gamer, but honor demands it..

Yep, just bought it, activated the serial key with steam and ready to finally give it a shot.

I am certain I wil be disappointed, being a hardcore Civ4 gamer, but honor demands it..

If you approach it with an open mind, you won't be disappointed. CiV is excellent; however, it is way different than CiIV. The best thing is that it is a much better game than the original release edition. Moreover, there is a patch and probably an expansion in the works.

Ahh. Somebody else that listens to the vocal minority who rage because their systems can't run Civ 5 or because they're afraid Steam might find naughty stuff on their hard drive.

You shouldn't be that certain, Civ5 is an excellent game, but very different from Civ4. Try to approach Civ5 with an open mind :)

After all, there are a lot of us around that made the transition painlessly ;)

If you enjoyed the micromanagement of Civ4 then you will probably be disappointed by Civ5. Otherwise welcome the the vast majority who either love or at least like Civ5.

Can you buy DLC's from steam after buying game here? Or should you buy it from here.

I have to agree with alot of the long-time civers, 5 does suck. I thought 3 was a bit disappointing also, but 5's interface totally sucks. Doesn't feel like Civ. They dumbed everything down.

I have found Gamersgate to be excellent. Never had a problem with them.

At least the price is finally starting to reflect the quality of the game, anyway. ;)

I for one see this sale as good news. Although I can't be 100% sure, it seems to me that CIV IV saw a price reduction right before BTS came out (IIRC, I got the gold edition which includes Warlords for $20 at a brick and mortar store, about a month or two before BTS was released); so perhaps we will actually see a 'proper' expansion (not just piece-mail DLC like a civ here and there, a map pack, or a wonder or two). I have nothing against the DLC model, and see it is a way to thrive in our current culture; and would probably in fact buy the expansion via DLC when it is released. And this sale gives me hope (along with 2K Gregs' recent post) that an expansion of sorts is in the works.

How long is the sale going to last?

And also:

I wish there were a "like" button as in facebook

According to gamersgate.co.uk, 6 hours and 32 minutes and a few seconds from the time of this post.

Edit (so as not to mess up the quoted time): I've bought a few games from Gamersgate, they seem to be pretty reputable. I do believe this is the best sale price yet, so it's certainly tempting. Especially since the expansions would be addable later on Steam. Would've been nice for Civ4, I ended up de facto buying vanilla twice (retail in 2005, complete in 2010 on Steam), though I can't complain too much since I lost one of my install discs for a few years.

Top Bottom