1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 scrolling with dual monitors

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Aecursis, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Aecursis

Aecursis Chieftain

I have a dual monitor setup and I'm having an issue with Civ5. The problem is that the mouse cursor will not remain constrained in the game, even when running in full screen. When I try to pan the camera to the right or move the cursor to the right edge, the mouse leaves the game and moves over to my desktop on the second monitor. Outside of being extremely annoying, this of course makes it impossible for me to move the camera without using hotkeys.

This is the only game that I have this issue with, so I highly doubt that it's an issue with my actual setup. Any ideas?

2. Hipshot

Hipshot Chieftain

Same here, very annoying.
    Like an error you would find in older games.

I however use the mouse button to scroll with now... but sometimes you wanna go edge crazy.

3. Knightmare71

Knightmare71 Chieftain

Yep, got the same problem.
    I've looked around on the internetz and found MouseJail (google it). This supposedly works, but I read that games using Steam are a problem. Thus, it won't work with Civ 5. Could someone try it and confirm this?

4. Aecursis

Aecursis Chieftain

Bump -

Any ideas?

5. Knightmare71

Knightmare71 Chieftain

Found solution:

The program Ultramon is great for a dual mon setup. It allows you to fiddle around a lot more than with standard graphics cards programs. In the case of Civ V I found a function which allowed me to link a hotkey to keeping the mouse in only one screen.

If you've got the means: buy it and support the developers.
    If you don't: TPB.

6. SK138

SK138 Chieftain

I have a dual monitor setup and I have a problem where instead of scrolling the map on one side, my mouse just keeps moving to the other monitor. When I play Civ 5 I have to disable the 2nd monitor to avoid this.

I thought this might be a problem in all games but I recently purchased Starcraft 2 and I can scroll the map as if the other monitor isnt there.

Is there anyway to fix this problem in Civ 5?

Moderator Action: Threads merged, see above for a possible solution. The_J

7. SK138

SK138 Chieftain

I found another dual monitor program that is free so I am going to try it when I get home from work. It is called DisplayFusion. If anyone else has a chance, try it out and see if it solves the problem.

8. borad

borad Chieftain

The list of changes for the upcoming Civ update (elsewhere on this site) explicitly mentions this as something being fixed.

9. sssnake

sssnake Chieftain

Same problem here... I have this problem in the latest settlers game too.

10. Johnpecan

Johnpecan Chieftain

Bump.

I'm still having the issue that the OP described.

Any word on a fix or a workaround other than purchasing UltraMon?

11. Atranox

Atranox Chieftain

There's an option in your settings to restrict the mouse to the game window.

12. thievingliar

thievingliar Chieftain

Its called "Bind mouse". Its in the interface options, just set it to either full screen or always(for windowed players).