Civ 5 SDK/World Builder: Duplicate Tiles, black tiles crash the World Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAUBER_KH7

Chieftain
Hi. I'm new to the forum, but not to Civilization.

Sorry if the title was a mouth full.

So I decided to create a custom map for Civ 5 to shape things up after not playing it in a little over 3 weeks, and as I was building the map, I selected Grasslands to remove the plains I did not want, and the terrain was black. I thought it was just a graphics issue so I kept building. Well, when I tried to add a resource, it crashed the World Builder.

I thought it was because of a mod(s) I was using.

So I restarted the SDK/World Builder, disabled mod loading, created a new map and tried again. Sure enough, I selected a different tile (Flat Terrain, to remove mountains) and once again, the black tiles reappeared! I looked at the menu and there were duplicate selections for each and ever tile type. Does anyone know what causes this, and if it's possible to fix? I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally a black tile or an invisible feature, and it will crash the SDK and corrupt my hard worked map.

P.S. If I posted this in the wrong section, very sorry. I feel this is the right place as it does involve Civ 5, and this seems to be a bug.

EDIT: I don't remember this issue being present the last time I used the SDK/World Builder (about 4 months ago). Was there an update or some other issue I was not aware of?

Attachments

• Black Tiles.png
    Black Tiles.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 670
UPDATE:

So I tried reinstalling the SDK and it solved the duplicate/black tile issue I was having.

I guess consider this problem as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom