1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5's Space Victory now more fulfilling

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by s0nny80y, Sep 7, 2014.

1. s0nny80y

s0nny80y King

It seems so fitting to complete a science victory in Civ 5 because it leads to Beyond Earth.

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Well..except your Space Victory in CivV is probably one of the Derelict Settlements where everyone died off... to be found by ships launched ~200 years after your empire collapsed in a terrible Great Mistake

3. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Yeah, in order for the timeline to make any sense, you would have to be one of the failed expeditions. I hope the derelict settlements get old earth nation names.

4. Boygor

Boygor Chieftain

Ha ha, most excellent ;)

5. A Bucket O Spam

A Bucket O Spam Chieftain

Nevertheless, your empire has the achievement of sending out the first spaceship to a distant star, and that is a landmark. It is not necessarily your fault that the Great Mistake happened.

6. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

I can promise you it was my fault :mischief:

Lousy nanites...

7. swordoflight86

swordoflight86 Warlord

I agree. I absolutely refused to begin a game of BE until I achieved a space victory, just on general principles. I have done it three times. I am plumb satisfied.

8. RD-BH

RD-BH Human

Hmm, maybe a space victory is The Great Mistake?

9. Cyberpunk85

Cyberpunk85 Chieftain

Before I play BE, I will go for a Science Victory in Civ V and then immediately boot up BE.

10. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

For best results play as
    America (maybe England)
    Brazil (maybe Portugal)
    France or Spain
    Russia (maybe Poland)
    China (maybe Japan, Korea, Mongolia, or Siam)
    Indonesia or Polynesia
    Zulu, Songhai, Ethiopia or Egypt
    India

And then choose the corresponding sponsor

11. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

THe space launch in civ 5 is so much earlier tho.. If you get to beyond earth time in civ 5 you can still stay on earth maybe even with a science victory.

12. Callonia

Callonia Deity

I actually managed to have an game in Civ5 where it looked like Civ:BE was taking place during my space race victory kinda. >.>

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523229

If i indeed get Civ:BE I swear I will laugh if I end up with Brazil as my neighbor and we go to war against each other. Because Brazil really really really hates me in the thread I am linking to you.

13. Cyberpunk85

Cyberpunk85 Chieftain

I really hate England. Elizabeth always hates me no matter what. What is her sponsor equivalent, do you suppose?

14. 3of5

3of5 Recycling Vats Technician

Well, guessing from your forum name you're a runner, so Fielding has everything that you probably antagonize. I hear she's pretty aggressive too (and not in the good way). :p

15. Simplicity2

Simplicity2 Chieftain

Given the way I play, I nuke everyone until they glow before I launch my ship. Does it still count if the Great Mistake was totally intentional?

16. Fabio1701

Fabio1701 King

it is still an anticlimactic victory, as they all are in civ 5: BAM! end screen, thank you your welcome.

Even civ 1 had a spaceship victory where you actually had to build the space ship and the parts you chose effected the mission. There should be a civ5 mod for that, perhaps making build choices which parallel the seeding choices in CBE. I hope to god that the cbe victories are not so anticlimactic. throw in a video or something.

17. Eisenhart

Eisenhart Warlord

I think the most tragic implication of Beyond Earth, given the Great Mistake + Derelict Settlements, is that NO ONE really won in Civilization V.

18. cazaderon

cazaderon Chieftain

That or your spaceship was really freakin slow :lol:

19. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Just make sure to exchange enough nuclear bombs and missiles before launching your spaceship. At one of my last games, the whole map was glowing... definitely worth being called a "great mistake".

Of course there is still the time-gap. But, oh well, I don't think you should let you constrain too much by those minor details. (Not ment with irony, this time. ;) )

20. cazaderon

cazaderon Chieftain

For the time gap, taking your sweet time in chieftian difficulty might help ^^