Civ 5's Space Victory now more fulfilling

s0nny80y

Emperor
It seems so fitting to complete a science victory in Civ 5 because it leads to Beyond Earth.

Well..except your Space Victory in CivV is probably one of the Derelict Settlements where everyone died off... to be found by ships launched ~200 years after your empire collapsed in a terrible Great Mistake

Yeah, in order for the timeline to make any sense, you would have to be one of the failed expeditions. I hope the derelict settlements get old earth nation names.

Well..except your Space Victory in CivV is probably one of the Derelict Settlements where everyone died off... to be found by ships launched ~200 years after your empire collapsed in a terrible Great Mistake

Ha ha, most excellent ;)

Nevertheless, your empire has the achievement of sending out the first spaceship to a distant star, and that is a landmark. It is not necessarily your fault that the Great Mistake happened.

Nevertheless, your empire has the achievement of sending out the first spaceship to a distant star, and that is a landmark. It is not necessarily your fault that the Great Mistake happened.

I can promise you it was my fault :mischief:

Lousy nanites...

I agree. I absolutely refused to begin a game of BE until I achieved a space victory, just on general principles. I have done it three times. I am plumb satisfied.

Before I play BE, I will go for a Science Victory in Civ V and then immediately boot up BE.

Before I play BE, I will go for a Science Victory in Civ V and then immediately boot up BE.

For best results play as
America (maybe England)
Brazil (maybe Portugal)
France or Spain
Russia (maybe Poland)
China (maybe Japan, Korea, Mongolia, or Siam)
Indonesia or Polynesia
Zulu, Songhai, Ethiopia or Egypt
India

And then choose the corresponding sponsor

THe space launch in civ 5 is so much earlier tho.. If you get to beyond earth time in civ 5 you can still stay on earth maybe even with a science victory.

I actually managed to have an game in Civ5 where it looked like Civ:BE was taking place during my space race victory kinda. >.>

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523229

If i indeed get Civ:BE I swear I will laugh if I end up with Brazil as my neighbor and we go to war against each other. Because Brazil really really really hates me in the thread I am linking to you.

I really hate England. Elizabeth always hates me no matter what. What is her sponsor equivalent, do you suppose?

I really hate England. Elizabeth always hates me no matter what. What is her sponsor equivalent, do you suppose?

Well, guessing from your forum name you're a runner, so Fielding has everything that you probably antagonize. I hear she's pretty aggressive too (and not in the good way). :p

Given the way I play, I nuke everyone until they glow before I launch my ship. Does it still count if the Great Mistake was totally intentional?

it is still an anticlimactic victory, as they all are in civ 5: BAM! end screen, thank you your welcome.

Even civ 1 had a spaceship victory where you actually had to build the space ship and the parts you chose effected the mission. There should be a civ5 mod for that, perhaps making build choices which parallel the seeding choices in CBE. I hope to god that the cbe victories are not so anticlimactic. throw in a video or something.

That or your spaceship was really freakin slow :lol:

Just make sure to exchange enough nuclear bombs and missiles before launching your spaceship. At one of my last games, the whole map was glowing... definitely worth being called a "great mistake".

Of course there is still the time-gap. But, oh well, I don't think you should let you constrain too much by those minor details. (Not ment with irony, this time. ;) )

For the time gap, taking your sweet time in chieftian difficulty might help ^^

Top Bottom