Civ 6 - 25th anniversary edition artbook?

historix69

Emperor
As announced in end of august, there will be a 25th anniversary edition for Civ 6, limited to 20.000 copies worldwide, selling for 90 $ / 90 Euro. The package includes
- Civ 6 Digital Deluxe Edition
- a (useless?) coin set and
- "Civilization Through the Years" 100-Page Hardcover Art Book

For me the Art Book is the most interesting part of the bundle since Civ 6 will be available from different sources (amazon, steam) and with decreasing price for the next years and I am less interested in the coin set.

- The Digital Deluxe Edition is sold at amazon for 62,57 Euro these days, so the difference for the book is already around 27 Euro.
- Based on the official picture the book seems to be the same size as the DVD-case, depending on the depth of the picture. If the book is farther away on the picture, it might be bigger. Hard to tell. For Civ 5 there was a special edition with a book around twice as big as a DVD-case. Does anybody remember the usefullness of that Civ 5 book?
- If the book "Civilization Through the Years" is usefull, it is a shame to limit it to 20.000 copies and bundle it with the Deluxe Edition. As far as I know Civ 5 sold around 5-10 million copies, so there might be a lot more people be interested in a "good" art book about Civ series.
- I do own a couple of art books for different games. They usually have around 200-300 pages and are sold for 20-30 $/€. I would really appreciate a big special art book on 25 years of Civ series being sold seperately from the game.

see

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-anniversary-edition-announced-is-ex/1100-6442965/

https://civilization.com/news/entri...ed-quantity-25th-anniversary-edition-revealed

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Last edited:
Yeah... checked it out recently... usefulness???.....Well it makes a great edition to the Home magazines under the coffee table :)... 27 Euro's is a fair bit tho just for the book.

Yeah... checked it out recently... usefulness???.....Well it makes a great edition to the Home magazines under the coffee table :)... 27 Euro's is a fair bit tho just for the book.

For me it worked out great.

Digital deluxe on Steam: $80 USD

Anniversary Edition with Amazon Prime discount: $72 USD

Do you have a confirmation that you preordered or do you have confirmation that you will really receive one of the 20.000 boxes? I remember from previous tries that preordering limited items at amazon can be a gamble since they do not always seem to know the exact number of copies they can sell.

Yeah the artbook was the very reason I was considering the 25th anniversary edition, but the price is a bit too much for me (because dollars). Maybe I'll be able to find it later on amazon or something like that.

Do you have a confirmation that you preordered or do you have confirmation that you will really receive one of the 20.000 boxes? I remember from previous tries that preordering limited items at amazon can be a gamble since they do not always seem to know the exact number of copies they can sell.

I have a confirmation and I ordered the day it was announced. Later, they sold out then started selling again for a day so I *think* I'll get my copy.

Top Bottom