1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 AI Battle Royal

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Russia plis...

2. Josephias

Josephias King

No and Yes

Actually, this should be the expected behaviour when you pit similary skilled players into the fray: Domination victory is difficult because noone is able to take the lead over the others.

But, on the other hand, they should have staged some scenarios that could lead to easy domination victories (i.e. one Emperor warmonger AI vs all other AI on Prince) and see them develop. If even after tilting the battle to domination-easy game, not many victories were seen, they should have cared about.

3. ScorpionTDC

ScorpionTDC Chieftain

Please wipe Russia off the face of the earth. OR at least take a city.

I don't want all the AI to be warmonger-y. It makes perfect sense for Civs like Brazil to play peaceful. But Gorgo or the Aztecs should be aggressive.

4. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

Even the developers are making fun now of the AI now ok russia good luck with youre capital defending against mechanised infantry

And they say the warmonger penalites in modern era are verry big and thats why Ai doesn't do anything.

So if you declare war one time and take a city you are the devil of the world ?

5. Magil

Magil Monarch

Russia strong! Its catapults will surely stand up well to the Aztecs' mechanized infantry and tanks.

6. bradeh

bradeh Chieftain

Catapult vs Tanks, who will win?

7. Magil

Magil Monarch

So, despite the fact that the Aztecs have mechanized infantry and tanks and there's no possible way for Russia to defend... do you think we'll finally see some cities change hands? Honestly at this point I have my doubts. Come on, prove me wrong.

8. Sake

Sake Warlord

Aztecs have mech infrantry vs catapults and still can't take a city... I am seriously losing any hope for AI.

9. hyprit

hyprit Chieftain

No, you don't need to write AI to criticize it. But we got not many AI games so far to jump to conclusions. Also, there is a difference between "being smart" and "being entertaining". Maybe this AI is too smart for it's own good, focussing on less warmongering activities, looking for an edge.

10. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

Acutally king Ai onl civ 5 can't win the game either just by building a space ship thats all.. However they do better at upgrading units

Thinx i am just going to start a game at emperor

11. rpgalon

rpgalon Warlord

How Brazil managed to keep peace with the Aztec for so long? after the first war in the game I was sure one of them would have to die.

12. Todd Hawks

Todd Hawks Warlord

The point is that NO city has changed hands all game long. Not a single one. That doesn't make for a fun game. A good game leads to a handful of civs (maybe only two) slowly getting the upper hand over the others and then battle it out (either victory condition) to the end. Like in Civ4. This is just boring as hell, nothing happens in this game.

13. Mustakrakish

Catapults are enough, I bet those mechs won't help them aztecs decide they want to bother :p

14. RaidandTrade

RaidandTrade Prince

We need a Civ V Shaka in here...

15. Mustakrakish

No mechs or fighters will help them if they won't use them :D

16. Todd Hawks

Todd Hawks Warlord

Stop being an apologist. We've seen dozens of AI games by now (this Battle Royale and all the Youtubers and Streamers that had the game for weeks now).

We have had AI for Civ, Civ2, Civ3, Civ4, Civ5 (mods), and plenty other 4x games and all of them managed to be good enough to provide entertainment and challenge. People like you always talk like this is the first 4x game ever released and it is somehow impossible to do what has been done for 25 years now: Make a decent AI.

Battlehelm043 likes this.
  17. Josephias

Josephias King

That's right. But it was not the point that was stated in your message.

Regardings no cities moving sides. I agree, and I think there's been a fatal design flaw.
    It's not nice to auto-quote oneself, but It's late here, and I'm tired of writing :)

18. Panixs

Panixs Warlord

has spain and rome just given up and not doing anything. Spain have has their farms burning for about 2000 years now

Josephias likes this.
  19. ScorpionTDC

ScorpionTDC Chieftain

That was meant to be Gorgo/Monty, I think, but yeah. Not every AI needs to worry about warmonger penalties, please. It'll make the game so much more interesting. As said, even in the early eras before AI was crippled by Warmonger penalties, no one successfully took a city.

Though hey, the Aztecs took a Russian city finally. Please keep it this time

20. Mustakrakish

Oh my... will they return it? :D