1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 AI Battle Royal

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Prince

So... the AI won't even go to war when another player is going to win. Because warmonger penalties.

2. zeroRPGmaker

zeroRPGmaker Chieftain

I think the issue is not so much that the AI is sucky, but that after over 10 years, the AI not only hasn't improved but has gotten worse.

That's the problem every time someone buys a copy of Civ VI and the massive amount of DLC those purchases tell the developers that they just need to focus on pretty things with fancy new systems, but screw the AI.

I'm sick of this "leave it up to the modding community" mentality while we are expected to drop big bucks on a broken game.

Trullari likes this.
  3. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

Ok lets talk the positive things diplomacy looks pretty amazing.. However the lack of upgrading units and combat is a issue

4. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Well, that's 3 hours of my life wasted.

5. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

damn those warmonger penalties..;

same old bad desing like civ 5 lets gang up on the warmonger atilla or montezuma who capture a few cities what a evil person!!! lets kill him.
    warmonger penalties are so high in this game just like civ 5

its better to stay peacefull and not start wars.

6. Toulouse

Toulouse Warlord

:lol: :lol:Would you settle for 95% of the fun?

7. Todd Hawks

Todd Hawks Warlord

How does diplomacy look amazing? Serious question, not trying to bait you or being sarcastic.

8. zeroRPGmaker

zeroRPGmaker Chieftain

Wasn't there a game that had some pretty decent diplomacy options? Oh yeah that one was Civ IV.... my bad :p

There are a lot of positives. I really like the mechanics of the game, but the AI can't keep up. The AI being sucky does indeed ruin the fun. Even in Civ V, you never had to be scared of war because you could out smart the AI a majority of the time. Bad AI = ruined game. Unless of course you like winning without much effort. :D

9. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

lets say its better then civ 5 release.

the AI doesn't gang up on the human and at least has some goals

10. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Prince

And brazil just founded a city entirely in snow. Not tundra, snow. The stuff with no yields at all.

Every time I think this AI has hit rock bottom, it finds a new hole to fall down.

11. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

The developer's said that some city states didn't upgrade their units because they aren't at war later era units cost more unit maintance so thats maybe why the AI doesn't upgrade their units. But we will see. They only do it when they are at war

Josephias likes this.
  12. Evs

Evs Chieftain

It's equally as silly to pay £80 for a game with
    And the Devs response was the same as mine, except I think they thought that was enjoyable... I laughed at how pathetic this battle royale is

13. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

do these developers who see this actually thinx this is funny? i would be concerned if i was them.

settling a city on the snow come on man. i've even seen civ 5 AI not do that.

14. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

You havent seen much of Civ5 then. :D

Fierro likes this.
  15. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Prince

I do have to admit, a lot of these AIs are setting up some nice farmland tracts. Brazil in particular has some amazing farm adjacency bonuses going on.

This AI mode really needs to show what the cities are building. It would make it a lot more informative.

s would showing resources... I can't even guess why they can't get this mode to display resources- they're clearly there and are listed on mouseover, so... why can't it display them?

And wow, waiting for someone to get around to building the space modules they can obviously build is riveting. At this point, ... yeah, culture ticked over.

Aztec win by culture in turn 475, in the least active game I've ever seen. Go, go early wonder spam.

Now, despite the fact that the Aztecs have 10 builders sitting around (doing nothing), the developers just insisted that the AI found something better to do with them than repairing pillaged tiles.

16. bradeh

bradeh Chieftain

That was painful.

17. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

At least in civ6, useless tiles are far more forgiving.

18. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

I didn't catch most of the commentary for this thing. Was there any substantive discussion of how the AI is programmed, especially compared to Civ V? Is it still a system of flavors for each AI, with a weighted RNG selecting what to build?

19. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

Don't like this peacefull AI

warmonger penalties are way to high.. this means if you declare war in the modern era everyone gangs up on you

20. Jart

Jart Chieftain

Monte Wins!