Civ 6 AI Battle Royal

Wow. Sounds so bad I wonder if I'm just better off getting a refund of my pre-order and waiting until the first major patch (probably also deeply discounted by then). Didn't think it could possibly be this bad...

Stop being an apologist. We've seen dozens of AI games by now (this Battle Royale and all the Youtubers and Streamers that had the game for weeks now).

We have had AI for Civ, Civ2, Civ3, Civ4, Civ5 (mods), and plenty other 4x games and all of them managed to be good enough to provide entertainment and challenge. People like you always talk like this is the first 4x game ever released and it is somehow impossible to do what has been done for 25 years now: Make a decent AI.
We've also had multiple expansions and patches to fix these very same issues for years. The 1UPT mechanic has also been in place since ciV vanilla so that excuse doesn't wash. The 1UPT mechanic was also introduced by the very same designers working on this new civ.

Rome now has 1 catapult in the city and nothing around the city to defend with. This is so embarrassing to see this in the atomic era.

Civ 5 AI did that to. Ai looks for new luxuries if it can't find one close it will just settle somewhere else regardless where.

This is why i thinx they don't have a good Ai developer team same problems from civ 5
True. I haven't seen any one land tile cities yet at least

Hojo has multiple~ settlers just sitting in cities. You can't blame that on "oh he had a spot but it got taken for his one settler"

And as far as I saw, Spain settled granada with a new settler, and not with their spare one... this is worrying. It means the AI maybe "forgot" about these old settlers... but if that it is the case, it would be more aestethic they at least disbanded them... :(

Wow. Sounds so bad I wonder if I'm just better off getting a refund of my pre-order and waiting until the first major patch (probably also deeply discounted by then). Didn't think it could possibly be this bad...

Just bumb up the difficulty to emperor or higher. King is pathetic like in civ 5 vanilla release.

i played immortal at civ 5 vanilla release. and when brave new world came out i had to drop to king difficulty..

so to give you a idea....

you can still play just go to higher difficulty and when Ai is fixed go lower.

"That's basically the end of Russia as a competitor in this game"... Really? Now? Just now?

Yeah, I also didn't think it would be *that* bad. Thankfully I didn't preorder yet and will now probably spend the weekend playing the new Stellaris patch/DLC. Shame really, the game mechanics look solid and I was really looking forward to a new Civ game. :(

I feel like they ran in almost the exact opposite direction of Civ V. In that, the AI was an utterly insane mustache-twirler who declared war on everyone and everything in sight even with DoFs and Defensive Pacts. Now... we have to deal with super passive AI that turtles up and won't actually do any real warring

Just bumb up the difficulty to emperor or higher. King is pathetic like in civ 5 vanilla release.

i played immortal at civ 5 vanilla release. and when brave new world came out i had to drop to king difficulty..

so to give you a idea....

you can still play just go to higher difficulty and when Ai is fixed go lower.

Higher difficulty doesn't help when the AI does nothing all game long and/or is unable to upgrade their units due to lack of strategic resources.

It's kind of hilarious how Firaxis does this thinking to drum up excitement for the game and just ends up turning everyone off because it becomes painfully obvious what a terrible job they've done with the AI.

What small pull I had to buy this game on release is gone completely after seeing this.

The whole thing also brings up the question of...did they not know that this would happen or are they that oblivious of how terrible this outcome is. In the first case, they are incompetent because, how could they not know that this is what happens when you run an AI only game? I would assume the AI team has tried this..??? If it's the second case, they are incompetent because they clearly have no idea of what a fun Civ game should look like. The whole thing reminds me when I was briefly applying to work at EA. It was clear that the closest anyone on the team had come to gaming was reading research reports prepared by people whose own experience with gaming was limited to Google searches.

I'm still not returning the pre-order but I will be hoping for patches and dlc to make it interesting.... I am very disappointed, and a lot of my fears were realized :(

King

Wait, the Russians had built a spaceport when I left for dinner. its an hour later and they've launched nothing into space?

England had all the prereqs for final space project for AGES, before anyone else, and just didn't bother building it, now aztecs are building it instead... and they still haven't started it

This is much worse than I expected.
AI is months of work away from being decent.

Higher difficulty doesn't help when the AI does nothing all game long and/or is unable to upgrade their units due to lack of strategic resources.

Well the AI is reacting to the agendas. And the human player would struggle to fullfill the AI agendas on higher difficulty levels, so I'm guessing we'll see more conflict against the human player on higher diff. levels.

But the upgrade problem must be sorted out ASAP.

Top Bottom