Civ 6 City Ranged Attack Problem

cs_gamer

Chieftain
I am new to Civ 6 and can't seem to make the City ranged attack to work consistently. Occasionally the game says that there is a City "ranged attack" and I can see the enemy to attack and I click the small red city ranged attack icon and see the ranged attack "arc" but nothing happens. I can't make the City ranged attack notification to go away or can't find any way to skip this action. What am I doing incorrectly?

This little button mulfunctions sometimes, gets stuck, etc.
Try to „reset” the situation, switch to a normal unit and then try again. Sometimes it needs to be „de-pressed” before switching to a unit.

UI is rubbish. Try to zoom in very close on city to hit the attack button correctly. When selected, should be red outline around city, then select target. If all fails, you can make the notification go away by right-clicking it, I think.

It's unbelievable that the garbage UI for the city attacks hasn't been fixed after four years. The issues with it are obvious the first time you use it, and Firaxis even has trouble with it on their own streams.

It's unbelievable that the garbage UI for the city attacks hasn't been fixed after four years. The issues with it are obvious the first time you use it, and Firaxis even has trouble with it on their own streams.
I would rather have them prioritize other things! :p
This is just a very minor annoyance and seldom happens (to me).

you can force a next turn by clicking shift + enter, also
While this is true, in this case you generally want to shoot that enemy with your city. Force Ending the turn isn't really a good option here.

Don't remember that ever happening to me but regardless: the UI for city attack is crap. I'd rather see garrisone units getting an (extra) ranged attack or something.

Don't remember that ever happening to me but regardless: the UI for city attack is crap. I'd rather see garrisone units getting an (extra) ranged attack or something.
I agree with the UI being poor, but I disagree with your solution. I like the concept that walled cities (and barracks) can defend themselves (representing a garrisoned city militia/defense force), and then be enhanced by adding a regular military unit.

Top Bottom