1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 Deity Tier List –– discussing DLC civs now, R&F civs starting 2/19

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Ornen, Oct 31, 2016.

1. huntss

huntss Chieftain

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't korea be a tier? Is it because they don't have a good early game UU and their UA doesn't really kick in until later in the game and no UI?

2. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Chieftain

Essentially yes. I don't think they are very strong early compared to other tier A civs. The extra science doesn't help all that much in the ancient and classical age though it does give them a slightly longer window with horsemen and swordsmen. It helps more for chariots into knights, but you still need solid culture for that. I mainly view Korea as a win more SV civ - don't get me wrong they are very good and high science is definitely useful for other victory types as well, just not A tier good which I reserve for the most over-powered civs.

3. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Chieftain

I still need to test out a few of the new civs like Zulu, but I have played most of them on deity and Korea has just been most consistent. Settle, crank out few units, build cheap campus, settle crank out few units, build cheap campus, recycle over and over until you have all great scientists and lead all AI in science. It is win in all victory conditions.

For most civs, building campuses in new cities can seriously slow down progress with other things. With Korea you just keep cranking them out fast and keep on moving. They are the only new civ where I haven't had a bad game on deity. But again, still havent tried Zulu.

I tried out Zulu. Definitely stronger than Mongolia. Zulu is pretty great in mid-late game, due to getting corps so early. Gives you a huge combat advantage over the AI. Early game they are not much, but mid game you start to gain a lot of power and can steamroll most opponents. Still have to deal with loyalty issues though.

I think Korea might be slightly stronger but those two I think are best from expansion.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
    Arent11 likes this.
  4. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Chieftain

I forgot to mention before: I think R&F is a large boost for Russia. 100% science in cities with holy sites? If Russia can time dark ages properly, they might suddenly be one of the strongest science civs. Being able to settle tundra effectively may also help mitigate dark age loyalty problems.

5. vaejovis

vaejovis Chieftain

Totally agree - especially since lavras are discounted. Also should be a shoe-in for goddess of the harvest with a standard tundra start.

6. slavaskii

slavaskii Chieftain

Is this an inherent bonus now applied to cities, or does it require a specific policy card? I was honestly entirely unaware of this. I agree about Russia here, the Lavra's bonus Great Writer/Artist/Musician points are really quite nice, a might be an acceptable early replacement for the Theatre Square (as Lavra doesn't remove district penalty). What could this mean for Arabia?

7. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Chieftain

It's one of the Dark Age policy cards (+100% science in cities with a Holy Site, -25% culture in all cities). You still need theatre squares to hold great works, but I agree it would help them repair the damage to culture from employing that card during DAs. I agree this boosts Arabia similarly. They also want HS in all cities, although it will take them longer to get them up. And that is on top of other ways R&F is also kind to Arabia.

8. sadsquid

sadsquid Chieftain

There's still a few R&F civs I haven't played yet but overall they don't seem to be as powerful as the dlc civs were. Korea is the strongest I've played, but still don't think it's quite A tier, maybe more like high B tier.

Scotland and Cree seemed decent, but not great. Probably C tier for me. Mongols maybe low B. Once they get rolling with cavalry they're definitely strong (had no problems steamrolling the AI with knights and keshigs) , but they're not as strong as sumeria or scythia for domination, they take a bit longer.

Still have to try out Zulu, Mapuche and Netherlands.

9. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

So far none of the new civs seem top tier, unless im just forgetting one. Korea isnt fair in MP though for the same reason AUS isnt. They just rocket ahead of everybody in science right away.

10. Pietato

Pietato Chieftain

Korea is A tier.

11. liv

liv Warlord

Can you explain why? You feel that they are as strong as one of those early conquest powers?

12. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Chieftain

I haven't played them in awhile, but yes I also agree that they are boosted considerably. Goddess of the Harvest is insanely good now with Magnus and if you combine with the monumentality bonus after a golden age then you can swarm the map very easily. I think you can make an A tier case for Russia now. Japan would also benefit highly from this.

13. vaejovis

vaejovis Chieftain

I’d agree with A-/B+ tier for Russia, since they are dependent on this specific strategy and without it, they’re pretty average (as opposed to the other A tiers who can basically win regardless of starting position).

Japan should get boosted to B-/C+ range since going early holy site with high adjacency seems to be a valid option in R&F. Their unique being in a completely different part of the tech tree is kind of obnoxious for switching between VCs.

14. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

England should probably be dropped to D tier with Pax Brittania being gutted.

15. Pietato

Pietato Chieftain

Their science output means they always have an advantage in unit tech and tile yields.

16. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Chieftain

Yea. If I can get my recording to work properly, I might post a Korea play. I played a game with them last night and crushed the AI science wise. It's not difficult to take an early lead in science and never look back with Korea, even on deity.

Arent11 likes this.
  17. Pietato

Pietato Chieftain

England has now joined Georgia at E tier.

Eliminator_Sr likes this.
  18. Pietato

Pietato Chieftain

Japan is C tier now. The new adjacency cards and the early theatre district style favour them, though the Samurai is still useless.

19. vaejovis

vaejovis Chieftain

Agree on samurai - having to hard build a unique that’s in a completely different part of the tech tree makes them kind of useless as a focal point for a domination victory.

20. Softly

Softly Chieftain

Playing a game as Georgia, still would put them close to last but boy are they a blast to play. The ability to chain golden ages and focus on city states makes for interesting and fun mechanics. The +100% faith for protectorate wars can be great if you have a defend-able city state and is the only "bonus for 10 turns on war" mechanic that doesn't feel cheesy or abuse-able. Honestly if their unique building and unit weren't useless I feel like they could be a great civ.