CIV 6 - Domination victory - Future Tech/Culture & Science/Culture

human101101

Chieftain
I like to play Domination victory condition a lot so I frequently run into the situation where all technologies have been researched and the only research left is Future Tech and Future Culture. What I am wondering is if it makes sense to stop all resources that generate science and culture and if so how to do that?

For science I cannot think of a reason to continue with it since I am not going for a science victory. In fact I don't usually build the Spaceport. Am I missing any benefits by doing this? Once I reach Future Tech is there any point in producing any further science?

Same sort of question for culture. With culture I could see a reason to continue in border expansion. If I keep earning culture isn't it going to continue to push out my borders? That being said is there any reason to keep "researching" Future Culture? Will it help expand my borders?

So if science and/or culture is not worth investing in any more what is the best way to stop contributing to it? I could turn a city focus off to science and culture and just focus on Production and Gold, but is there anything else I could do? Could I save maintenance costs by destroying science/culture buildings? Any other idea?

Top Bottom