Civ 6 Gathering Storm, Have I gotten better or is Deity way to easy?

Shaf

Chieftain
My first win was an accidental religious victory without picking up any wonders or any edge towards it besides being Mali with a holy site in every district.

Second win scientific with Mali again.

Third with kongo and culture.

Diplomacy win is basically me trying not to win with other things faster since I have to wait on a built in clock to get it. I got bored and just quit before grabbing it.

Domination is laughable. I hate the micromanaging of moving my troops across the world but I suspect it Is the easiest win condition. I thought going for a peaceful culture victory with kongo would make it a challenge. But I have a basic rule if the AI declares a surprise war I take as many cities to get 0 grevs. The AI doesn't know how to tech into a good army. The only time they are a threat is the first 100 turns.

In the Kongo game I had 3-8 troops sandwiched inbetween shaka above and Russia on bottom. Shakas first war was extremely close to taking my city. But I got archer tech second it started and ran him over took only 1 city trying to be nice to him. Russia attacks next I didn't build a single new troop just left them there to fight under city siege. Ended up taking 3 of his cities and stopped before his capital.

Shaka goes for a round two while I have the exact same 8 troops but now it is gat gun vs archers. For fun I declare war on the "strongest" enemy close to the end and realize they basically had nothing that those same 8 troops (turned into armies) couldn't beat.

It feels broken easy what is wrong.

Diety is waaaay to easy ... I also am not sure is it because I got better or AI is uncapable of managing new mechanichs after two expanssion ... I would need to go back to base game and start a new one on Diety to find out, but I am not interested in that.

Top Bottom