1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Civ 6 IAAR Game Interest Check

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by dot80, May 2, 2018.

1. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Hello all! I have been mulling about ideas for a Civ 6 IAAR (interactive after action report) game.

Basic Idea: Joint-Stock Company establishing a colony. Each player has a character that can perform actions to earn money back in the old world. They can use that money to buy ownership shares in the company. Person with the highest number of shares makes all the decisions for the colony.

More Thoughts:
    • Players can form alliances and vote in blocks to gain control of company. This means that just having a lot of shares won’t necessarily be enough to maintain control.
    • NPCs can be allowed to buy shares. These can be influenced through influence points (earned by completing actions).
    • Players ranked by personal wealth on a leaderboard each turn.
    • Side actions and quests that allow you to earn additional income.
    • Ownership of in-game units allows players not in control to still influence the world.

For those of you familiar with these in the Civ 4 and 5 forums, it will be less complex than GaP, but a little more role play-y than a Realpolitik. My goal is for it to feel like a mix between a realpolitik and one of Yahzuk’s old games.

Please let me know if there is any interest.

2. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

It's been years... I'd like to be in one of these again.

3. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

My thoughts exactly! Please spread the word if there is anyone else you know who might be interested. I was hoping for 5 people to get things started.

4. marcopolothefraud

marcopolothefraud Chieftain

Even after ~300 hours, I'm new to IAARs! Sign me up!

5. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Glad to have you! Please spread the word!

6. Spectplay

Spectplay Chieftain

I would as well, if you have me.