Civ 6 is by far the most boring game of civ to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolhandluke147

Chieftain
There is far to much cream in the devs coffee. The maps need to be reduced by at least 50% as they stand right now they are static. The best decription of the games ai is a headless chicken. Civ 5 vanilla is an example of how to use hex tiles correctly instead of this mess. At least the ai is forward moving. what a waste of 200 euro. I made a fix for those who agree. its the only way i can play this game and should be the mulitplayer standard speed.(pressure devs to fix this mess.goodluck and havefun.

Civ V was by far the worst iteration of the series so not sure it's a good comparison lol.

Civ VI is a huge commercial success, sorry you don't enjoy it.

Last edited:
Civ V was by far the worst iteration of the series do not sure it's a good comparison lol.

Civ VI is a huge commercial success, sorry you don't enjoy it.
Im not sure if your drunk or your predictive text is talking but in a sense civ 6 is successfull to a certain degree.
im 47 and have played civ all my life,but i dont anymore,i play rise of kingdoms which is pretty close to civ but by far no where near as good. MULIPLAYER IS WHERE THE MONEY IS.i wouldnt pay two cent for single player games.i wont say what ive spent in rise of kingdoms in the last two years but it has a K< in it.
sids Franchise can blow it out of the water.
Change the lead. >>>innovate 2k. Your games are really good and have a style thats not hitting its potential.love the mafia graphics,borderlands is special,xcom oh yeah,beyond civ 5 vanillia,diappointing.

And how did i forget the greatest game of all time Bioshock infinite. Civ 7 should be only multiplayer with style.

Moderator Action: Please be civil in discussions. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only played Civ5, CivBE and Civ6, but Civ6 is so much more intresting and involved then Civ5; I felt like in Civ5 it was just the same old build order and just get 3-4 cities and then just hit next turn for 500 turns. Civ6 I'm always having fun and intresting puzzels on how to best place my districts for most effectiveness whilst still also getting wonders I may want and any other bonuses whilst playing each Civ to it's strengths (mostly around their unique infastructure - which normally is my most intresting part of each Civ) and making beautiful empires that look unique and diverse comapred to the next. (Compared to Civ5 which everything looked the same unless you are Inca, Morocco, Korea or Dutch)

I even found CivBE way more intresting than Civ5, especially with Rising Tide.

Last edited:
Im not sure if your drunk or your predictive text is talking but in a sense civ 6 is successfull to a certain degree.
im 47 and have played civ all my life,but i dont anymore,i play rise of kingdoms which is pretty close to civ but by far no where near as good. MULIPLAYER IS WHERE THE MONEY IS.i wouldnt pay two cent for single player games.i wont say what ive spent in rise of kingdoms in the last two years but it has a K< in it.
sids Franchise can blow it out of the water.
Change the lead. >>>innovate 2k. Your games are really good and have a style thats not hitting its potential.love the mafia graphics,borderlands is special,xcom oh yeah,beyond civ 5 vanillia,diappointing.

And how did i forget the greatest game of all time Bioshock infinite. Civ 7 should be only multiplayer with style.
it sounds like you're three sheets to the wind yourself

I first came to the series with IV and it took me a long time to break down and buy V. Having done so, I barely played it. I could never get used to how harshly it penalized expansion, and I never liked the graphics.

I find VI much more engaging than V, granted that's comparing VI GS+DLCs with V BNW. But it's never captured my imagination the way IV did. Guess you never forget your first love :)

Not in the 4X genre.
Not in a lot of genres either. Some kinds of games do really well as MP and some don't. One size never fits all.

There is far to much cream in the devs coffee. The maps need to be reduced by at least 50% as they stand right now they are static. The best decription of the games ai is a headless chicken. Civ 5 vanilla is an example of how to use hex tiles correctly instead of this mess. At least the ai is forward moving. what a waste of 200 euro. I made a fix for those who agree. its the only way i can play this game and should be the mulitplayer standard speed.(pressure devs to fix this mess.goodluck and havefun.
You can still add civs slots to a given map size. You can also raise the number of city-states. As to the game speed, heck no, I just beat a Deity vanilla game with Rome and the space race came up so quickly, everything skyrocketted and... it was on normal speed ! (had to check twice) Don't ask me why I never find the time to build theater squares or the like. Where the heck am i supposed to find this time ? At least that time I managed to get a religion and bought the two 100% accelerated space project great people with faith. I won when America just started on the final parts. (vanilla)

I love how people react to the TS, but there is barely anything in it. Before we can discuss anything here, I'd like to clarify the TS by asking some questions.

There is far to much cream in the devs coffee. The maps need to be reduced by at least 50% as they stand right now they are static.

Why?

The best decription of the games ai is a headless chicken.

Why?

Civ 5 vanilla is an example of how to use hex tiles correctly instead of this mess.

Why?

At least the ai is forward moving. what a waste of 200 euro.

Why?

I made a fix for those who agree. its the only way i can play this game and should be the mulitplayer standard speed.

Why?

(pressure devs to fix this mess.goodluck and havefun.

Good on you for fixing what you don't like. Good on the devs for giving that possibility.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny, but you're just posting your opinion without any real argument. There is nothing to discuss here.

There's more arrogance packed into the two posts from the OP on this thread than I've seen on this entire subforum possibly since I joined. It's usually a pretty strong sign of how fragile a person is when even the most inconsequential of opinions needs to be presented as fact. There's no intention to discuss anything here, merely to seek acolytes and reassurance.

200 euro.
Remarkable.

MULIPLAYER IS WHERE THE MONEY IS.
No it ain't.

Hey now don't sell Civ 3 short

Yeah this one is probably the worst of the series, but not the most boring. But it wasn't bad. It was fun at the time. The 1st expansion was pretty weak though, since it focused mostly on multiplayer. I enjoyed some of the scenarios of the 2nd expansion. And I liked armies. I would like to see them return for Civ7. Yeah the AI wasn't great with them, all they have to do is make the ai able to use them.

As for Civ 6, it's easily my favorite. I can't fully explain why, but I feel like I make more important decisions, at least early in the game. Late game of course has its problems, but I still enjoy even the late game, but it's just a sandbox mode by that point, and no strategy.

Civ 5 was utter dog crap upon release. I never got over 10 hours until the 1st expansion, and really didn't get any significant gameplay until the 2nd expansion. I haven't tried that AI mod, I think you have to have all the dlc to play that, and I didn't bother to get most of the dlc since I wasn't that big into the game. I tried playing it a couple years ago, and Civ 5 just puts me to sleep. So Civ 5 takes the title of the most boring of them all.

Civ V was by far the worst iteration of the series so not sure it's a good comparison lol.

For me V was "Peak Civ".

But OP has a point.
Firaxis has been slowly losing its Sid Meir pixie dust.

...with the exception of Marvel's Midnight Suns.
I hope this isn't a flash in the pan.

Last edited:
Yeah this one is probably the worst of the series, but not the most boring. But it wasn't bad. It was fun at the time. The 1st expansion was pretty weak though, since it focused mostly on multiplayer. I enjoyed some of the scenarios of the 2nd expansion. And I liked armies. I would like to see them return for Civ7. Yeah the AI wasn't great with them, all they have to do is make the ai able to use them.

As for Civ 6, it's easily my favorite. I can't fully explain why, but I feel like I make more important decisions, at least early in the game. Late game of course has its problems, but I still enjoy even the late game, but it's just a sandbox mode by that point, and no strategy.

Civ 5 was utter dog crap upon release. I never got over 10 hours until the 1st expansion, and really didn't get any significant gameplay until the 2nd expansion. I haven't tried that AI mod, I think you have to have all the dlc to play that, and I didn't bother to get most of the dlc since I wasn't that big into the game. I tried playing it a couple years ago, and Civ 5 just puts me to sleep. So Civ 5 takes the title of the most boring of them all.
Ah true I always forget how lousy Civ V was upon release. I would definitely consider it to be the worst if you only evaluated the base games. Luckily the expansions did a lot of heavy lifting to make it worth coming back to

I do think it would be wise to build in some optional rules for multiplayer. Civ players league usually limits friendships to two and only allows you to keep one city state you capture and raze the rest. I also would add a rule that didn't allow keeping conquered city until you go moved beyond chiefdom. That would help pub games not have a run aways.

I really doubt a game with match times of 3-4 hours could be successful with MP only. Back when I was playing Castle Wolfenstein MP I think 15 minutes was a long match time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom