1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 keeps on crashing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by eurirusty, Sep 8, 2020.

1. eurirusty

eurirusty Chieftain

I have been playing Civ 5 for awhile now, only because Civ 6 wasn't 5 (even though 2K made a skin that looks like Civ 5, though it was nice, it still needs to get rid of the carton nature of the game). However, I went back to 6 for a change of pace. Prior to going back to Civ 5, I had been playing Civ 6 for several months, but now it doesn't work. It crashes when I try to open the game, it crashes (always) when I try to play a game. I've uninstalled, removed the Civ 6 directory under Documents and re-installed the game. I started the game with NO MODS, Nothing. Still crashes at every point I just described above. Any help would be appreciated.

2. steemroller

steemroller Chieftain

Yep, exact same problem and attempts to resolve.

3. Janskey

Janskey Prince

Have you tried those extra steps I mentioned in another thread?
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/unhandled-exception-code-exception_access_violation.662412/#post-1589913

Check for updates after installing VC++ and .NET, just to be sure they're up to date, and while you're at it, you might want to fix the sleep mode problem, too. https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/09/07/windows-10-sleep-mode-problem/

DX12 seems broken every other patch, so I don't even bother with it anymore. The performance hit is negligible and to be honest, I don't see any difference with max settings.