1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6, Let’s Play Saladin, Civ of the Week Edition, Warmonger’s Delight, Deity

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by BarbarianHunter, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

Map: Pangea
    Map Size: Huge
    Speed: Standard
    Difficulty: Deity
    Victory type: Domination

STANDARD SPEED WARMONGER’S DELIGHT
    -Not quite the Warmonger’s Paradise on Marathon speed, but close enough. I disgust quit at the end of loop 1, having forgotten to switch from Oligarchy to Classical Republic for the legacy cards. But in honor of the "How do you play if you want the AI to have a fair chance" thread, I decided to soldier on…

WHAT A STRANGE GAME
    -The Mamluk's have been on a tear, capturing more than a few campus districts, I hard built two +3 campi, and a +5 campus, send 6 envoys and Amani to Stockholm, and still have only achieved a relative scientific parity. As for culture, Cyrus is nearly double our culture, a buzzsaw civic eating behemoth!
    -The good news is, due to our warring, we have achieved a golden age for the upcoming era. The question is: Can we chop in the Colosseum @ Amphipolis?

IT STARTED WHEN I MISSED CHOPPING THE COLOSSEUM BY A FEW TURNS...
    and deteriorated quickly from there as the early game Warmonger's Delight transitioned to the 500 year Aachen Grinder!
    -We had high hopes of our Mamluks blitzing a 3rd civ; However, shortly after missing the Colosseum by a few turns (with like 6 builders ready to chop), the German offensive ground to a halt after taking a whopping 1 city :-(. Then the Battle of Aachen proceeded to rage nonstop for 500 years! Talk about war weariness. Cavalry units and Mamluk corps finally broke through the centuries old trenches to take the city. After which, the German empire crumbled to dust in a matter of a short 150 years.

If we could only have called in a few Polish mercenaries (Winged Hussars), I think we could have cracked the walls without being slaughtered en masse. But alas, none were to be had.

OUT OF THE TRENCHES
    -And into Persia!!!

2. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE
    -We capture a Korean spaceport, they start another project somewhere else. It looked like they were going to stand down after we took the 2nd one...nope...they're right back at it. The mysterious Spaniards seem to have somehow conjured up a 1/2 decent science score. As we have no knowledge of the territory, and suspect they may have some arrangement with an occult power opposed to the will of BARKALOS, I think the most rational course of action is to nuke 'em. As for Norway, I'm quite certain they have some strange shenanigans planned as well. Our exocultural liason Ripley agrees with the original assessment and has advised we nuke the entire eastern front from orbit, as "it's the only one way to be sure."
    *Image: Ripley from film, Aliens (1986)

THOSE 110+ STRENGTH CITY GARRISONS CAN BE TOUGH TO CRACK...
    ...unless you nuke 'em.

*This works, up to x16 playback speed.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018