1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6, Let’s Play, Spain, Standard speed, Huge map, Domination victory, Deity

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by BarbarianHunter, Oct 7, 2018.

1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

THE QUESTION IS…
    I just finished a another Spain game (Spain #1) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have a few lingering questions.
    1) Can Spain generally ignore science, and still warmonger early game, rush to cultural heritage, and then spam missions for +4 faith/+4 science?
    2) Is it actually possible to found a religion on standard speed deity level without any mods, civ bonuses, or interventions?

+3 ERA SCORE, +3 ERA SCORE, +3 ERA SCORE, +3 ERA SCORE…
    -Heaven opens the eyes of the people of numerous cities, and they join the faithful followers of BARKALOS!!!, even while at war with Spain.

+4 ERA SCORE, +4 ERA SCORE, +4 ERA SCORE, +4 ERA SCORE, +4 ERA SCORE, +4 ERA SCORE, +4 ERA SCORE…
    -It is widely said that Tamar's Georgia is the queen of golden ages, I disagree. Philip's Spain is king!
    -+3 era score for conquering and immediately converting the city to my religion with a conquistador in the area, and another +1 for the Taj Mahal.

ALL HAIL PHILIP II
    -King of Spain, King of Portugal, King of Naples and Sicily, jure uxoris King of England and Ireland, Duke of Milan. Lord of the Seventeen Provinces of the Netherlands, and Imperator Rex of the mid/late game Civ6 golden ages!!!
    -I get numbers like this for Macedon in the early game sometimes, but rarely have I logged #'s like this for the transition to the modern era. Philip's conquistador blitz has yielded nearly double the era score required for a modern era golden age, a whopping 449 points! It's a full 210 points more than the 239 era score required for a modern era golden age.

BARKALOS REIGNS SUPREME!!!
    -The game closes as a conquistador army (with the help of 3 jet bombers) overruns the ancient site of Stonehenge (where the 1st of the false religions was founded), as he brings the light of BARKALOS to the last infidel holdouts in Ra-Kedet!

2. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

You built a really nice YouTube Civ VI channel!
    I enjoy hearing the way you comment and play the game.
    Not sure what you need to do to get the word out to get more views.
    One problem might be the map size.
    I know they say that having your face on screen bumps the views but I prefer it the way you do it with microphone only!
    I have a feeling you do it to make the game more fun for you.
    I have uploaded videos for Civ V a long time ago and found it fun to record.
    Shrinking Files and Uploading not so much Fun at all though.
    Thanks for streaming and youtubing your games!
    I find Monday Knight Football boring these days so you give a nice alternative!

3. BarbarianHunter

Thank you! That's true. Generally I find the game to be more enjoyable while streaming. I also find the 6otM's to be more enjoyable as it gives Civ players a chance to share our experiences with one another. It also gives me a reason to finish and play through to the late game (as opposed to calling it and beginning anew). Yeah, the uploading part is kind of a drag. Livestreaming is definitely better. So far as views and such go, it's not the quantity of views but the quality of the viewers experience (which have all been positive so far as I can tell).

Edit: PS, I thought you might like Monday Knight Football/Countdown as it seems right down your alley ;).

4. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Loving the streams and lets plays, learning lots from them. Could you post some of the game and map seeds so we can play along?

BarbarianHunter likes this.
  5. BarbarianHunter

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying the videos. Thank you also for the request! From now on I will use the advanced settings screen whenever I create a game so it will show the game and map seed. This is what is needed, yes?
    Spoiler Random Map Seed Example :
    CaptureSeed.jpg

I just looked into extracting some of the old game seeds and not having allot of luck. There is a protocol that says to swap the save to multiplayer, load, extract (but the system won't acknowledge the save and therefore I can't load). I also found a program here on CivFanatics to extract the seed but it hasn't been updated yet for Gathering Storm.

PS, I just play. I'm not an IT guy :).

6. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Yes that is the one, I wouldn't bother doing it for the old rise and fall games but it would be worth doing for the gathering storm games and in the future. If you create a multiplayer folder in the saves folder and place the save files in there you can go into multiplayer, host a private game and load up the map, scroll down and you can see the seed and the details of the map. Be aware that patches can mess up the previous saves seeds, so that is why you are not getting the same ones especially for rise and fall.

7. BarbarianHunter

I was able to work through my general lack of IT competence and get it done it by using the Hotseat multiplayer option. I was initially unable to extract the seeds because I was placing the saves in the standard multiplayer folder :confused: and not hotseat :). Anyway, if you check the YouTube channel the seeds are listed in description section of game 1 for every game series.

i_imperator likes this.
  8. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Thank you very much! I look forward to playing along to some of the maps! :)

BarbarianHunter likes this.