Civ 6 on 2012 MBP

tigerspill

Chieftain
Hi,

I would dearly love to buy Civ 6 for my 2012 MBP - however, it oddest seem to meet the minimum specification on the video card.

I am wondering if it simply won't work at all, or will it just run a bit slow - or what might be the problems I might face.

The spec is
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Is ir worth me buying Civ 6 or will I be totally disappointed?

Thanks

Hi,

I would dearly love to buy Civ 6 for my 2012 MBP - however, it oddest seem to meet the minimum specification on the video card.

I am wondering if it simply won't work at all, or will it just run a bit slow - or what might be the problems I might face.

The spec is
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thanks

Check this thread: Mac benchmark scores for similar 2012 machines that are running Civ 6. If you decide to purchase it, you can run the benchmark right away. This is a late game autoplay that will give you an idea of what to expect late in the game. Purchased through Steam you have a 2 hour window to decide. Post your benchmarks if it works and you keep so others will know also (please).

It will run on lowest settings. I have a similar MBP and it's ok. Slow turn times in the late game though, but you can speed things up a bit if you change to strategic mode for the last turns.

Edit: haven't tried maps larger than standard (8 players).

Hi,

The spec is
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thanks

Do you have the dedicate graphics card as well that it switches back and forth from? You can check from Apple-->About this Mac-->System Report.

I've got the 2012 non-retina Pro and it's my "work" machine that I use daily. It also has the Nvidia GT650m graphics card on it, and Civ VI runs okay on low. It's not great and I prefer using my desktop...but when I want a short break or am away from home it works acceptably.

Top Bottom