1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 on MacBook Air 2018

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Juhaania, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Juhaania

Juhaania Chieftain

Does anyone know how civ6 is working on MacBook Air 2018?

2. Computer Larry

Computer Larry Chieftain

I just got my 2018 air a week ago. Base model 1.6ghz i5 with 8gb ram. Have been playing without issue for the past few days. It's way smoother than Civ 5 was on my 2011 2.4ghz i5 with16gb of ram. My only glitch is that I cannot login with my Aspyr account at launch. Maybe I should have purchased through Steam rather than the App Store...

3. Vrenir

Vrenir Chieftain

How big a map at what stage of the game do you still get smooth play?

4. Computer Larry

Computer Larry Chieftain

So far I've been playing a large Earth map. 8 civs. Nothing disabled. It's currently around 800AD and no hiccups. I'm actually pretty surprised.

5. Juhaania

Juhaania Chieftain

How is your fan? I played for a while but my fan is on all the time and it is quite noisy?

6. Luddify

Luddify Chieftain

Yeah, I think heat is going to be your biggest enemy. On my 2014 Macbook Pro with dedicated graphics, Civ VI runs dangerously close to 100°C even with fans running full-blast. It's not just the GPU - all four cores get nearly that hot as well. Otherwise the speed and everything else is just fine.

7. kiwipeso

kiwipeso Chieftain

I have it fine in huge maps on a Macbook Air 2013 i7 with 8GB.
    The only difference you will have is that your MBA should handle hosting multiplayer games on Lan or Steam.
    I have yet to try cloud games.