Civ 6 Portugal Civilization  (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia

Civ 6 Portugal Civilization (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia v32.00Beta

Raen, do you have a release of your mod with an 'earlier' version of RGP I can try? Version 1.2 specifically added the Civilopedia entries, so it might be the source of the issue.

Disabled all DLCs, including Rise & Fall, and enabled version 16.2Beta.

The good news is that version 16.2Beta has fixed the Civilopedia entries. It now reads all the text of all the GPs, including your Great Explorers. :)

The bad news is that the GP window is still blocked. Now matter how much I click it, the button won't open anything. :undecide: So the game is still stuck. I will look for anything useful in the logs, but I doubt I'll find it.

PS: Apparently other mods that have nothing to do with Great People have also caused some users this exact same problem. This person claims that the mod 'Improved Combat' also blocked his Great Person screen:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cant-access-great-person-screen.608472/

Last edited:
Same results: Civilipedia entries are now okay, but the GP screen is completely unaccessible.

Also, sorry for bringing the problem back here, but the people at the RGP page are yet to respond.

Should I turn off all defences to test it? :nuke: Doesn't seem.... safe.

Weird thing is, this only started becoming a problem after I switched PC from an ASUS with the same OS to a OMEN with superior hardware. I don't see how the differences between the two computers could create this problem, though. The OS is the exact same! It's maddening. :cringe:

Looking back on what we learned today... the main issue seems to be that RGP's changes are somehow blocked; when using a version that didn't change the civilopedia, that part of the problem was solved, so I'm guessing that if somehow your mod didn't make use of RGP at all, it would work perfectly fine in my computer.

Really, the more of RGP is removed from the mod, the better your mod seems to work for me.

Is something about RGP incompatible with the most recent patches, OS updates or securities? I have no idea... :c5unhappy: I wish the people at the mod's page would respond. From what I see of their mod's files, it only changes UI and Icons, so something in one of these two files is making the GP screen impossible to open. :c5science: ....

PS: I'm gonna get my hands on their mod's earlier versions and test them one-by-one, maybe that will isolate the problem.

Welp.... the problem seems to go all the way back to their version 0.1 :undecide:

I swear, if I find out that this isn't working cause of some obscure settings button, I'm flipping the table.

Last edited:
One question; could it be somehow a cache problem? If so, how would I clear it?

The only cache I know is the database one, (...)My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache, the game actualizes databases at each start game but you can try to delete them (the game recreates it next start)

Try to make a new user to login in windows, and run game with that one, maybe something wrong with your windows user profile.

I can't believe it, but your suggestion to make a new user and play in it has actually worked! (O.O) wow, wtf!!

Hello raen, fellow portuguese here. Ran into a problem playing with Joao II where I seemingly can't acess the Great Person screen. Thank you.

Hi there, seems you are incurring in the same problem as TSTria, are you playing in windows? Did you ran all ok previously?

Hi there, seems you are incurring in the same problem as TSTria, are you playing in windows? Did you ran all ok previously?

No can't say I did. Had the mod on my files for a while but ran into some problems with earlier versions and never really tried to play a game with it. But yes I am playing on Windows.

I say that because he could not access Great Person Screen also. All was tried and the only thing that worked was to create a new windows user and run game with that user.

Since something corrupt with the user profile or something...

Top Bottom