Civ 6 won't load anymore

ackoman

Chieftain
Hello

I've not played CIV 6 for about 6 months, and I tried to load it last night (it's been automatically updating via Steam) and it won't load - I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to send an error report to Firaxis, but no other information about the cause of the issue.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and get the same problem.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Ackoman

I'm having the exact same problem. I have also turned off Virus protection and it wont work. I have also done a hot fix driver on my Nvidia 980 and it still wont work.

It's so annoying - there are no clues whatsoever about what is causing the issue. The dump file that is created contains no useful information as far as I can see.

So i have the same problem. Haven't played for few months and now this. Only thing that changed is I upgraded from gtx780TI to gtx 980 since I played last.

Actually, I take it back - it worked once, but now it's stopped working again

If you have NVIDIA's Geforce Experience installed, try uninstalling that application (but, of course, not the drivers themselves).

Then Civ 6 downloaded all the new stuff and it stopped working. Now if i just uninstall GeForce Experience it will work.

Top Bottom