1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 won't load anymore

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by ackoman, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ackoman

ackoman Chieftain

Hello

I've not played CIV 6 for about 6 months, and I tried to load it last night (it's been automatically updating via Steam) and it won't load - I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to send an error report to Firaxis, but no other information about the cause of the issue.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and get the same problem.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Ackoman

2. chris ticen

chris ticen Chieftain

Literally the exact same post. ^^^^^^^^

3. Evan Dean

Evan Dean Chieftain

I'm having the exact same problem. I have also turned off Virus protection and it wont work. I have also done a hot fix driver on my Nvidia 980 and it still wont work.

4. ackoman

ackoman Chieftain

It's so annoying - there are no clues whatsoever about what is causing the issue. The dump file that is created contains no useful information as far as I can see.

5. rxntrik7

rxntrik7 Chieftain

So i have the same problem. Haven't played for few months and now this. Only thing that changed is I upgraded from gtx780TI to gtx 980 since I played last.

6. ackoman

ackoman Chieftain

7. ackoman

ackoman Chieftain

Actually, I take it back - it worked once, but now it's stopped working again