Civ 6?

Not much of a need though, unless your planning on making massive game changing DLC's (which was obviously not the intention here) this is only a minor source of revenue, most money is made from the initial sale.

Except, of course, a minor source of revenue to continue development is better than no source of revenue to continue development.

It would be if they where incapable of making another game.
Most likely:
Sales of X-Comm > Money made for patching CiV
And before X-Comm they had that Facebook nonsense to worry about, which theoretically was gonna make em some mad moolah but which didn't work because Facebook and Firaxis is populated with idiots.
And because they're a dirty scam studio they just never really bothered with proper patches for the sake of fixing the game.

It would be if they where incapable of making another game.
Most likely:
Sales of X-Comm > Money made for patching CiV
And before X-Comm they had that Facebook nonsense to worry about, which theoretically was gonna make em some mad moolah but which didn't work because Facebook and Firaxis is populated with idiots.
And because they're a dirty scam studio they just never really bothered with proper patches for the sake of fixing the game.

Firaxis populated with idiots? Well those idiots sure make good games. Btw its XCOM (XCOM Enemy Unknown to be exact), not X-Comm.

So we need poorly implemented mechanics for CiV too?

Personally I always liked corperations and found they did influence the outcome of the game..

Wasnt fond of the espionage system tho

People aren't going to buy DLC though if they don't enjoy the game. Sales aren't finished with the initial release, so there is still a need to fix bugs and gameplay issues to continue driving them.

I agree, I havent played CiV in a year or so and hence have not bought any DLC. If the game reached a point where I considered the multiplayer fixed and/or they released the DLL I would consider returning and potentially buying the civs Im missing.

Ah well nothing is sorted yet it seems so back to lurking for a few more months.

What's left to be fixed? The only major improvement I see missing is getting the DLL be moddable. And mods in multiplayer, of course.

Surely you jest,
Combat AI, Diplo AI, diplomacy, crashing, close to no optimization, rebalancing units (their initial nerf spree has left some units without a purpose, and the buffing of cities has made it extremely difficult for an AI post-immortal, and pretty much impossible for anything below immortal to capture them).
I'm sure I could list some others but I think you get the point.

And Azian, they used to be a good studio, CiV is not as revolutionary as it's predecessors, and apart from the choice to adopt 1upt and hexagons I can't think of any really good ones, and even that is kind of invalidated by them forgetting to make an AI capable of using it.

Since CIV the lead designer changed, just going by their current state and the games they released since (CiV and Facebook Civ) I'd say they're a bunch of hacks that just copy old concepts and try to implement them for a new generation while forgetting what actually made these games great.

The only problems I have with Civ is the AI (in all areas) and multiplayer. The AI needs to be smarter than it is now. For multiplayer I would like to see animations working. I would also like to see the AI in multiplayer be able to initiate contact with the human though I know that Civ 4 had this issue also.

These issues I mentioned are significant enough to me that I don't play Civ anymore nor buy DLC until they are addressed.

Surely you jest,
Combat AI, Diplo AI, diplomacy, crashing, close to no optimization, rebalancing units (their initial nerf spree has left some units without a purpose, and the buffing of cities has made it extremely difficult for an AI post-immortal, and pretty much impossible for anything below immortal to capture them).
I'm sure I could list some others but I think you get the point.

I understand your position, but I haven't faced any of these problems. Except for the diplomacy (AI behavior seems illogical sometimes, and I'd rather have an option to refuse to talk to a civilization that is trying to contact me - like in Alpha Centauri - so I don't have to actually go to the diplomatic screen when I know this particular civilization will just ask me for open borders for the 9th time) and to some extent the lack of optimization.

But I'd categorize those more as "improvements" that could be done, than "fixes" per se. They don't make the game unplayable to me, far from that.

Combat AI, Diplo AI, diplomacy, crashing, close to no optimization, rebalancing units ........forgetting what actually made these games great.

Sadly i agree with your post.
Haven't played since last November, just found it boring..:sad:

Really hope the game (whether civ5+exp or civ6) can go back to being an grand Empire-building strategy game, rather then a restricitve tactical battle game.

I understand your position, but I haven't faced any of these problems. Except for the diplomacy (AI behavior seems illogical sometimes, and I'd rather have an option to refuse to talk to a civilization that is trying to contact me - like in Alpha Centauri - so I don't have to actually go to the diplomatic screen when I know this particular civilization will just ask me for open borders for the 9th time) and to some extent the lack of optimization.

But I'd categorize those more as "improvements" that could be done, than "fixes" per se. They don't make the game unplayable to me, far from that.

Are you telling me you never had problems with crashing, the game being slow, the combat AI being easier to outsmart then a brick, being annoyed by being forced into iron units, armada's being useless or the AI being incapable of doing any proper conquering?
What version/mods/drugs are you using? Because I want some of it.

Moderator Action: "What are you smoking?" type comments are considered trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom