CiV advisors: My Wish

testdummy653

Prince
I would love to go to the advisors page and actually see something useful. Other than the vague military advisor, all the info i usually need or want is (A) on the main screen in the top tool bar (i.e. happiness resource breakdrown, gold output), (B) in the Economic overview, (C) in the Demographic.

I would love to see something like a What if..? button. When you hit that button you get, War option or Befriend City-States Options or Compare The war option will then let you select what civ you would declare war, this would then bring the advisor back up to inform you about your possible decision. Military Advisor could tell you about their army, Science about what Science Level they are compared to you. Economic can tell you their resources and how many cities that they have. Foreign could inform you of their current alliances and the effect on other civs your war would have.

I'm not saying that my idea is perfect, but I wish there was some use for the advisor button other than comparing my military to others. Thoughts?

I would love to go to the advisors page and actually see something useful. Other than the vague military advisor, all the info i usually need or want is (A) on the main screen in the top tool bar (i.e. happiness resource breakdrown, gold output), (B) in the Economic overview, (C) in the Demographic.

I would love to see something like a What if..? button. When you hit that button you get, War option or Befriend City-States Options or Compare The war option will then let you select what civ you would declare war, this would then bring the advisor back up to inform you about your possible decision. Military Advisor could tell you about their army, Science about what Science Level they are compared to you. Economic can tell you their resources and how many cities that they have. Foreign could inform you of their current alliances and the effect on other civs your war would have.

I'm not saying that my idea is perfect, but I wish there was some use for the advisor button other than comparing my military to others. Thoughts?

The Civ II advisors would at least pop up from time to time with hints and humorous interludes.

The Civ II advisors would at least pop up from time to time with hints and humorous interludes.

i remember that...
Thinking about old civ games...
SMAC didn't have any advisors, it had one of the most complex info pages(datalinks), and real manual, but no advisors. Still the greatest Civ game ever :lol:

I would settle for the military guy not telling me all the time when I can " bombard enemy units" and he should not be wereing armour in the modern era.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I would like to be able to get a little more information on other civs. Having advisors give you some information would be a little more realistic then just going to a screen and having it all spelled out.

he should not be wereing armour in the modern era.
Maybe he is a military history geek, who takes part in reenacments. I am starting to think of him as Milad the Doomsayer, because no matter how advanced units we have in comparision with others he always thinks our military sucks and X can wipe us out by sending their ungodly army of pikemen against or gunpowder units. I don't mind him poping up to tell me I can bombard something, because game isn't really good at remainding it and you can miss out on that option.

I agree that he is the only advisor to look at. Science guy always seem to have two things to say - that you shoul build uni in city nowhere near any jungles (What's the point?) and some statistics. The foreign advisor is too concerned with city states and gives you information you already know from in game messages or in case you care - diplomacy screen has better overview. I'd rather would like to know about reletaionships between other empires as I miss diplomatic relationship overview from civ iv. Economy advisor is somewhat usefull, though you can get that from elsewhere too. Also they have too much messages, most of which are not worth reading and even seem outdated sometimes.

Top Bottom