Civ Assist

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Utility Programs' started by ainwood, Sep 1, 2004.

1. rrau

rrau Emperor

well loading and closing it every turn works great, but I thought I'd try leaving it running between turns with all alert options on and got a runtime "70" error - permission denied. Posted screenie - edited due to cotm game

(edit- it was an age change)

(edited out names of other civs)

2. zorven

zorven 12,000 Suns

Looks like a great utility. Now my question:

On the territory tab it states I have 130 Total Tiles Worked, 145 Unimproved Tiles Worked, and 145 Bare Tiles Worked. It also lists all zeros for the Roaded Tiles, Mined Tiles, and Irrigated Tiles sections which is not right.

3. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

Really? Thought it would be a rather small table where you have like Grassland and all potential resources, and plains and all potential resources. Might even be easier to make it all resources, since through global warming weird things happen. Although I've never seen a hill or mountain morph into something else.

That would be nice.... Too many enteries it there as it is.

But I like what I see. Good program. :thumbsup:

4. GoNzOTW

GoNzOTW Chieftain

Here's an idea for an alert...

How about when a deal you have with an AI player is about to expire? So if you're on the last turn of it, you can renew it while still being able to see all your strategic info.

5. crazyluke2001

crazyluke2001 Chieftain

i go to manually open save and it gives me:

runtime error 9
    subscript out of range

6. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

Thanks ainwood-this is really useful :goodjob:

I noticed that you had some problems previously with the AI willing to talk peace message coming up when they were not yet ready to negotiate. I downloaded this earlier today and used it with the current COTM and this is happening to me at the moment. Is this because I've dowloaded the earlier version by mistake or is ther still a problem with this aspect of the utility? (I have a save if this helps)

7. bluebox

bluebox King

thanks for your appreciation :) . well, either solution would be nice. i would prefer a drop down menu to select city size. any user can see cleary that there is an option whereas the tooltip info would need either a hint (a line of text in the tab) or a user will have to "discover it"; a tool tip info would not be as "obvious" and "fitting in" as a drop down menu.

all in all, i think, your app is already a really fine piece of work. most of the critisism means just a little adjustments. it's going to be nearly 'perfect' :goodjob: . it quite exciting to look at all those info in a single window.

just wanted to point that out! :D

8. Teshik

Teshik Chieftain

great work ainwood ! :goodjob: that will save me ages of time in diplomacy...

now, about bugs and requests :

-territory tab : doesn't show explored sea tiles(or %water , always 0 tiles and 0 %) , as well as roaded, mined, irrigated (don't now if you already have implemented them though :) )

-technology tab : do techs change their price upwards? in one game, i am at the beginning of industrial, the tech cost of modern techs are around 10000+ . in another, just at the beginning, with only alphabet and bronze, the same techs cost only ca. 6-8000 (does the number of civs make a difference here?)

-copernicus and newton seem to increase your number of science improvements to 5 of 3 (well, 166% of maximum, not bad :lol: )

requests/wishes :
    - a list where all current mutual protection pacts are listed (probably below diplo info in diplo tab)

-possibility to sort cities in city tab(improvement info), e.g. by shields or production

-possibility to sort in diplo tab to put the civs on top with which you can trade

-perhaps a warning if ai civ starts spaceship building

-warning if ai is close to a culture win

-rounding turns left in technology tab to two decimals

so, that's my wishlist. but it's a REALLY good utility program as it is...
    we :worship: you, oh mighty :king: ainwood !! ;)

9. Yaype

Yaype Me

I also get this error, but I get it with the automatic open as well. I have looked through the thread, and I cannot find anywhere where this has been addressed, so it would be very much appreciated if somebody looked into it. :D I am very excited about this utility, and I cannot wait to use it! :thumbsup:

10. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

That would be great - please post it! E-mail to gotm@civfanatics.net
    Thanks!

11. ainwood

Do you have a slow(ish) PC? Its a simple sharing violation where CivAssist is trying to read a file that civ hasn't finished saving (or perhaps CrpMapstat or similar is trying to load). I'll make the checking more robust and trap those errors.

I'll look at it today. :)

Does it list a 'zero' or is it simply blank? Those are actually headings, rather than numbers - should I add in numbers so you can see the total roaded, mined and worked?

Might be worthwhile adding a current trades tab. :hmm:
    Is that with the latest version? Did you uninstall before reinstalling the new one? If not, uninstall the current version, and try the latest. If there is still no joy, please e-mail me the save. :)

12. Yaype

Yaype Me

I am having the same problem as crazyluke. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the program, but still no dice. Any ideas?

Edit: Well, I seem to have fixed my problem. I had just reinstalled Civ, and I had not yet patched my game to 1.22. After doing so, CivAssist now works beautifully. Oh, the time that I will save checking every civ every turn for techs! Thank you!!! :thumbsup:

13. Dazz_G

Dazz_G Emperor

I have been waiting for C3C tradeassist and came across this ... had to check if the date was 25th December ;)

Loads fine and looks great :goodjob:

Any plans for multiplayer support ?

14. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

Thank you very much! Now when I count my cities, I don't have to look at the minimap and go, "1, 2, 3... Did I count that one? Better start over! 1, 2, 3..."

15. torrasque

torrasque COMMIE!

I get a "Runtime error 70: permission denied" when I leave CivAssist to automonitor saves. I also get a "Runtime error 9: subscript out of range" occasionally.

I'm running CivAssist 1.0.1, downloaded (twice!) from the big "DOWNLOAD HERE" in post 1 (is the download link on post 1 the latest version?). My computer is a 400mhz Celeron, so that might explain the Error 70. I hope you can fix these bugs, as I thought TradeAssist was simply brilliant :D

EDIT: I'm also playing with Ozza's Mod 2.0 - can you use CivAssist with mods?

torrasque

16. ainwood

New version posted - mainly to fix a few bugs, although most lists are now sortable. :)

17. ainwood

Hopefully 1.0.4 will fix most of those problems. :)

18. Three_Crowns

Three_Crowns Information Retrieval

I cannot open the newest version. I get a "corrupted zip-folder"-error. I have tried redownloading.

19. Dazz_G

Dazz_G Emperor

I also cannon open 1.0.4 .... corrupt zip here also

20. GoNzOTW

GoNzOTW Chieftain

Corrupt archive for me as well.