Civ BE Crashing

SunFlowerSeeds

Chieftain
Hey my Civ BE is currently crashing with an audio loop & black screen (not a BSOD so no minidump). I end up having to restart the power in order to clear it up. Every other steam game works for me and I've updated to the latest nvidia drivers (I was using 340.52 before). Below is my zip from windows 7 forum (contains dxdiag, minidumps, etc). I also have an errordump from event viewer but it's fairly large. I'll only post that link if it's required (not sure about link policies). If you guys need any other info, I'll happily provide; I just want the game to work properly. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• W7F_25-10-2014.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
Welcome to CivFanatics!

Your Nvidia driver is very recent. However, they released an updated driver on Oct. 22 that specifically includes support for CivBE. Install the newer driver and see if that helps. Please post again if not.

You're right about having the most recent Nvidia driver. My bad. Try verifying your game cache:

Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth--> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

If any files are downloaded as a result, continue verifying until no files download. Please post again if that doesn't help.

If the cache verifies ok, try moving the GrahpicsSettings.ini file out of the Beyond Earth folder...see if BE will rebuild it, possible the settings got corrupted (or edit it and verify the resolution and refresh rate), though since you're using 1080p not too likely--seems like it has more trouble with 4k displays in this matter but worth checking.

So I tried verifying the cache and i downgraded to the driver before 344.48. This morning i got a BSOD and had to do a system recovery, I think this BSOD is related to the driver conflicts. Here's the dump.

Attachments

• 102714-23446-01.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 59
What was the BSOD error message or error code? You should be able to find either in your Event Viewer.

One thing you might try is deleting the driver using device manager then install the 344.48, it's possible doing it this way will get rid of something that is hanging around. You'll find advice like this in the Microsoft forums and sometimes it works.

Top Bottom