civ being put into library of congress?

dirtworm

Warlord
The chronological list, submitted for review and potential permanent preservation to the U.S. Library of Congress: Spacewar (1962), Star Raiders (1979), Zork (1980), Tetris (1985), SimCity (1989), Super Mario Bros. 3 (1990), Civilization I/II (1991), Doom (1993), the Warcraft series (beginning 1994) and Sensible World of Soccer (1994).

just a fun fact that i think everybody would like to know
civilization being put on the same level as tetris and mario? wow

All of the Warcraft RTS series? That seems a bit overdoing it when other games series included in the list get only 1 game included (except Civ I/II).
IMO, Warcraft III was ok, not great. I liked Starcraft more. It did have some fun custom maps though. WoW should be included one of these days, but I guess it's too soon for now.

just a fun fact that i think everybody would like to know
civilization being put on the same level as tetris and mario? wow
Shows how much of a civfanatic you are! :p I see it as tetris and mario being put on the same level as civ!

Got a link?

Shows how much of a civfanatic you are! :p I see it as tetris and mario being put on the same level as civ!

Got a link?
oh geez...i don't have it, my buddy had sent that to me...i am sure if you google it it'll come up with a website...

I love CivIII..

I have never dreamed of playing civ... I have had dreams of falling blocks, though, and I know others who have, too. I am fairly sure that Tetris was the last attempt by the Soviet union to cripple the US.

I am surprised that The Sims did not make the list. it is a powerhouse in the gaming community and was top seller for years on end.

I love CivIII..

I have never dreamed of playing civ... I have had dreams of falling blocks, though, and I know others who have, too.

I've dreamed of playing Civ2, Civ3, and Diablo2.

What these 3 games have in common is that I've had periods of addiction to all 3 of them where I'd play them till the middle of the night, didn't do schoolwork, forgot to eat, etc... (but I' have it under control now, if you wonder)

I am fairly sure that Tetris was the last attempt by the Soviet union to cripple the US.
I understand some company owns the rights to Tetris, but it was my understanding as well it was invented in the communist soviet union, this never made sens to me...

I've dreamed of playing Civ2, Civ3, and Diablo2.

What these 3 games have in common is that I've had periods of addiction to all 3 of them where I'd play them till the middle of the night, didn't do schoolwork, forgot to eat, etc... (but I' have it under control now, if you wonder)

I understand some company owns the rights to Tetris, but it was my understanding as well it was invented in the communist soviet union, this never made sens to me...
lol, it was just a russian programmer living in communist russia

Top Bottom