1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ choice and early strategy

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Memento

Memento The World is mine

We need a final choice

2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I want rules first.
    If we play with SGL better to have Byzantia.
    If J-nick will treat Seafaring in a "special" way better to be France or Zulu.
    If J-nick will carry out game as he do at conference of 4 it will be hard for me to be responsible for communication.

3. Memento

Right now I think j-nick will no longer be referee. We must wait if we play with a new one or j-nick must change his mind.

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

If it will happen, it will be nice. Really justanick is a very inflexible person and IMHO biased towards civforum teams. It is very hard to carry out negotiation with this kind of person. Lanzelot tried very hard to discuss things, but practically all the time all things are bending toward Civforum. Sometimes even worse, justanick tried to introduce his own rules has acting against the majority in both forums. His general philosophy about rules is such that rules are driving teams toward military solution of the problems; game unbalanced or have high degree of probability became unbalanced. Also he likes a situation when referee interfere in the game on permanent basis.

I think ideally game should go mainly without referee interference all the way, and all interaction with referee will take place only in exceptional cases.
    Game must be very balanced and probability of random factors should be reduced.
    Also I think that in multi - team Demo Game main pleasure is advanced Diplomacy and non-trivial cooperation rather than Immortals rush.
    I understand that formal removal of justanick will take some time, but better to do it before game start. Note, that game may take few years and better to have more pleasant person as a referee. We may consider correction that Furiey will be a senior referee, but I am not sure, that Civforum approve this idea.

5. Memento

Cifo search for a new Referee.
    No matter who will be there, but it can only get better.

6. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I think everything is now pretty much final. We'll have SGLs and 80x80 map. So what about our civ? Byzantia? It's hard to trigger GA with Dromons, isn't it? (We could build Mausoleum to trigger GA... :mischief:) I still like Carthage best.

Nation: The Knights
    Leader: King Artus
    Capital: Camelot
    (We can think of other city names later and just rename the cities while playing.)
    Names for MGLs: Artus, Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad, Parzival, Tristam, Iwein, Mordred, Bors
    Names for SGLs: Merlin, Morgaine

7. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

If SGL 5% for Sci, Byzantia better. Also things depend on map design. I mean, if it will be some important accessible Islands and possibility intercontinental trade. Then Byzantia, for sure.
    If we locked face to face on continent versus Civforum Team Cartage better.
    Spelling: King Arthur (?) I like it. For Cities I prefer known set, like Russian, German or English.
    Names of Leaders OK.

8. Lanzelot

But I really like those fast workers. Hmm, how about IND + SCI? That means Persia... :drool: :lol:
    :lmao:

What's the SGL chance for non-SCI? 2.5%?

9. Memento

Byzanz:
    Dromons ar good to destroy Infra. Many damage without big Risk to loose an unit. GA at perfekt time.Freetech is good.
    Carthage:
    Ind. are good for Worker. Powerful UU.

hmmmm

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Ulrich, please,

Could you focus on organization of ISDG and Co4? It is only few questions left.
    Not listed yet: AIpatrol, and SGL (if set, put it in).
    Forbidden presaves: put it in.
    Better to set "final draft" and ask if referee from civforum agrees to deal with this?
    Map: Who is doing that? What map properties? Will we know it before "civ choice"?

Just for me:
    What the meaning of 5.1 and 5.2?
    5.1: " for the purpose" of canceling in game contracts. A little tricky for interpretation.
    5.2 If road cut (not by war) Can we continue trade after route restored? (We may cut ourselves, or ask third party to cut with or without war).

11. Memento

I think this will help a little bit.
    Map Poll both forums:
    12:9 for 80x80

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Look that we are thinking about Cartage, Byzantia and Persia. What deadline for our final decision?

13. Lanzelot

Instead of Persia, we take the Ottomans. It's equivalent, but they have the better UU...
    Deadline? I would say today...

14. Memento

Persia+Ottomans? No sling?

15. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

No way. We either win or lose before otto's UU.
    Nothing wrong to try sling with Persia.
    Most probably will not work.
    Best chances for sling Cartage has.
    But I prefer Byzantia.
    Shall we vote or how?
    What time today deadline?

16. Memento

I vote for Byzantia.

17. Lanzelot

18. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

Carthage

19. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

If TheOverseer714 abstain or will not vote we play Cartage. It is more reliable.
    If he vote for Byzantia we play Byzantia.

20. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

The Dromon is tempting on a map where there will be lots of sea travel, but Carthage has the stronger UU. I think Carthage is a hair better trait-wise, so I vote Carthage.