Civ Comic Redux

Gothic_Empire

AKA, Ramen Empire
http://ramen-empire.com/comic/florence-conquers-the-world/

The artist and I play with mods, and occasionally switch back to vanilla. The differences almost always leave us stunned. :crazyeye:

A few folks in the last thread suggested we do a weekly Civ comic. I think this'll be fun for a while, especially with BNW coming out.

Enjoy! :)

Uh, what difficulty is this comic based around?

Because if you are on Immortal+, the number of units the CSes have is insane, and they can be a force of terror themselves.

I had a city-state besiege one of my cities while playing an un-modded game. And in another my ally was able to divert attention away from my cities and slaughter all of the enemy's troops.

Uh, what difficulty is this comic based around?

Because if you are on Immortal+, the number of units the CSes have is insane, and they can be a force of terror themselves.

Hm. We play hotseat more than anything, and alternate between King and Deity. Does multiplayer change the way the AI's produce units?

# ETA

I may just change the yellow banner text to read, "City States on King Difficulty" and then "...and on Immortal."

Yeah. I tested a quick game in Deity. My assumption that the mod was behind the city state strength was erroneous. I've adjusted the comic's text accordingly.

I like it better this way, anyway. It has a broader appeal. I'm not sure how many people mod their game.

Yeah. I tested a quick game in Deity. My assumption that the mod was behind the city state strength was erroneous. I've adjusted the comic's text accordingly.

I like it better this way, anyway. It has a broader appeal. I'm not sure how many people mod their game.

I do want to say that it wasn't meant as a jab against Communitas mods, as Thal's work is great.
Just kinda seemed incorrect to me the way it was, as CSes are indeed timid and rather useless on the lower difficulties.
Then you take them on Immortal/Deity, and they are pretty scary, and abilities like Austrias marriage allow you to annex them with their huge armies :D

Comic seems much more accurate now :)

I do want to say that it wasn't meant as a jab against Communitas mods, as Thal's work is great.
Just kinda seemed incorrect to me the way it was, as CSes are indeed timid and rather useless on the lower difficulties.
Then you take them on Immortal/Deity, and they are pretty scary, and abilities like Austrias marriage allow you to annex them with their huge armies :D

Comic seems much more accurate now :)

:goodjob::crazyeye:

Top Bottom