1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ distance and map recommendation

Discussion in 'RoM Scenarios and Maps' started by RobO, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RobO

RobO Chieftain

I currently use ROM_Perfect_World from 2.8. I used to do the Terra map as I liked having a new continent or two open mid game. I like the terrain in Perfect World better, however.

I seem to recall an option for changing civ distance somewhere. Perhaps in an ini file? It seems that the civ starting cities cluster somewhat closely, and there's a lot of open space that's not being used until someone stumbles upon it. I'd like to have a greater distance between civs at start.

Also, I'm curious about what maps other people like and why.

2. os79

os79 Chieftain

Go to Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML and find and open with notepad or Notepad++ GlobeDines.xml. Search for CITY_RANGE. There change the number 2 to 3 (or whatever higher number, I personally use 3).
    And bingo, you have spread out cities!

For now I'm playing scenarios. After I'm satisfied with them, I will possibly try out PW2 or stick with my favorite, Custom Continents or Terra.

3. RobO

RobO Chieftain

Thanks. The ID was MIN_CITY_RANGE

Edit: MIN_CITY_RANGE specifies the minimal distance btw. cities. The real parameter seems to be MIN_CIV_STARTING_DISTANCE
    which has a default of 10. I'll try 20.