Civ falsely thinks I'm attacking a Station

V

Vallation5

A neighboring Civ keeps contacting me and is getting upset that I'm actively attacking the station they're trading with. However the strange thing is, I'm not attacking any stations at all. Not even any aliens or anything else recently. I did clear out one station early in the game as part of a quest, but haven't touched any for 100+ turns otherwise.

So I'm stuck in this endless loop of a Civ being upset at me for actively doing something I haven't actually done, so it permanently keeps our relationship negative and I can't repair it since I'm continuing to not attack any stations.

A different neighboring Civ is attacking a station though, but oddly they're attacking *my* station that's been my trade partner for most of the game. Since we have an open border agreement, that neighbor is attacking my Station from within my own territory and has been doing so for a while with a single ranged unit for 50 turns or so at this point. (since it's my first game, I'm playing a little more passively - they can't seem to break a tier 3 station with 1 unit anyways)

I'm not sure what circumstances are required to repeat the bug, which is probably pretty obscure, but the only two theories I have are:

1. They're upset at me over the station I already destroyed and keep staying upset even though the station is long gone. So there's some kind of bug cycling that information even without the station there and without me attacking anything.
2. It could falsely be detecting my trade station partner as their trade partner, and is thinking I'm attacking it because a neighbor is attacking it from within my territory.

I'm leaning towards theory 1 probably being right, because it was linked into a quest and may have had an unintended combo of triggers that lead to the Civ not realizing the station was gone and I had long destroyed it. And one last bit of info: I did save, exit and reload the game at one point when I was taking a break. Not sure if the bug was caused by the reloading of the save file or if it made no difference at all.

(Side note: forum account seems to be defaulting to Guest)

Were you by any chance conducting an expedition of a derelict settlement (razed station) with an explorer? I've experienced this bug and suspected that might be the cause.

(By the way, if you find yourself unable to post as a guest as well, feel free to create another account to tell us about the bug and upload a save).

Well well well. Gonna be some busy days at Firaxis QA .

Seriously though, i dont understand how the bugs i've noticed so far can possibly still b in the game..... early undoable quest, accessing trade menu, station issues.

Those should have been spotted. Worse, they werent there in the pre-release version MAD had.

Meh, guess a civ isnt a civ without Day+3 after release anti bug patch.

This has happened to me as well.
PAC got angry after I destroyed a Station for a quest.
Also excavated the ruins.
Has been reminding me all game that I should leave her stations alone.

This happened circa Turn 55? This save file is well after I beat the game (One... More... Turn...) but the problem happened both before and after the win condition was met.

Attachments

• Élodie_TURN 274.CivBESave
    861.8 KB · Views: 101
I can also confirm this one. Attacked a station right at the beginning of the game (was WAY too close) and even on turn 300 they were still all bugging me about it. It negatively affected all my relations for the entire game.

Were you by any chance conducting an expedition of a derelict settlement (razed station) with an explorer? I've experienced this bug and suspected that might be the cause.

(By the way, if you find yourself unable to post as a guest as well, feel free to create another account to tell us about the bug and upload a save).

Exact same happened to me. Elodie did not like me liberating the children from space Sparta, then told me about it again after picking through the bones of the settlement.

Nevermind, she just did it again. And again! Every 30 turns.

Seeing the same here as well, "liberated" a station that was PAC's trading partner now I'm getting recurring calls that I should leave stations alone and condemnations to go with it.

No save at the moment, but I'll dial-up the auto save frequency and try to grab a save from the turn before and see whether it's consistent (more saves to inspect the problem can only help, right?).

Same here. 500 turns later (Marathon) and three factions are still hostile to me and asking me to stop attacking stations every few turns, even though I haven't been.

Same thing happen to me. Got a quest to destroy x station I do it and excavate the site. 70turns later: Stop attack my station. What station? 100 turn: Stop this aggression against a station we trade with. I have been playing passiving since then, winning the game no stations around me.

I have had something related with a station. I had a sleeping orbital laser, and it woke with a message that an enemy unit was in range of my laser. The only thing there, and highlighted when I pressed ranged attack was the station. I had not previously attacked a single station.

I think I ran into a similar problem in one of my first games.

I was trading with a station when Barre decided to destroy it. But that station was in a really good spot for a new city, so I didn't mind it being destroyed. But Barre was completely unable to finish the job as he kept sending melee units to their deaths, so I decided to take the matter into my own hands and end such suffering. While I was there, why not take the "last hit" and grab some bonus energy and science?

Next turn Barre asked me to stop attacking his stations. He kept doing so for the rest of the game, often denouncing me as well. Maybe he meant it was his stations to destroy and was mad at my KS, but I don't think the AI is that reasonable, so it was probably a bug.

I'm guessing that you are still flagged as hostile to the station, even once it is destroyed, and that all the AI is doing is seeing if you are flagged hostile. Maybe it's as simple as changing the diplo status of the station after it is destroyed so that leaders are no longer considered hostile to it.

I had a station disappear, and then I just lost a quest because I attacked the Church of Dawn's Light.

Its on the other side of the planet, and I have only two naval units.

:|

Attachments

• ChurchofDawnsLightFail.CivBESave
    920.5 KB · Views: 167
Hmm.. KP's been yelling at me about stations too, and the only one I've destroyed I'm sure they weren't trading with. I did try to pick through the bones of one ARC destroyed though, so that very well may be what they're complaining about.

Top Bottom