1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Feasibility Question

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by John_Deere, Mar 2, 2008.

1. John_Deere

John_Deere Nothing Runs Like A Deere

Question:
    Generally, what is considered the maximum number of civs before the game starts to bog down on BTS? And then throw in a very large map of the Earth.

For those with 1-3 GB of RAM (rather standard), would a game be playable at 25, 45, or even 50 civilizations?

Thanks

2. BobTheTerrible

BobTheTerrible Just Another Bob

Someone on the mod components subforum posted a dll with a 125 civ cap, and said there was no significant slowdown. He said when he increased the limit past 128, the game had significant stability problems, but 125 worked fine - obviously, each civ you add is going to add some delay time to turn delays, but anything past that 128 limit will cause significant problems.

As for what is practical, I'm not sure. I normally use the revolutions mod, which has a default 36 civ limit and runs fine, and I plan to utilize the 48 civ dll once I get a chance to play civ again.