Civ for Governments and Politics III

Which civ would you like to play as for the next Governments and Politics?

• Portugal

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aztecs

• Maya

• Arabia

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Egypt

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Russia

• China

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Civleader

Tlatoani
Hello everyone!

I am thinking on starting Governments and Politics III this weekend or next week if there is interest and I was wondering which civilization you would like to play as. So if you are interested and want to play do not hesitate to vote! In addition, feel free to specify if you want to start from the ancient era (fro scratch) or start in a further era (most likely medieval era with turns previously played before).

The game will be similar to Governments and Politics II with a few additions and modifications. The game will be at a slower pace however as I juggle with this, other projects, and real life.

Finally, Ill give this two days for votes to be casted and for the news to be diffused. In this poll you may vote for different civs. If there is no clear winner I'll do a second round to finally decide. Cast your votes and spread the word!

Ancient era, it gives a chance to develop our cultural and political systems and give the nation unique flavor.

Arabia4lyfe.

I'd suggest a classical start. Our usual characterisation of the nation conforms to the classical era better than the ancient.

You've probably already planned heaps of this out already, but my suggestion (which I will make everywhere!) is that Civ Names by Policy is an amazing mod for immersion (and which doesn't affect gameplay at all), especially if you're going to be shifting through different systems of government throughout history.

I was going to use it in an IAAR I was planning (in which the actual system of elections and government changed with the type of state the civ is based upon the policies enacted), but which I don't think I'm going to get a chance to actually implement.

Looking forward to following this one. :)

I've heard only good things about the first and second ones.

Edit: Oh, and I second the idea of an ancient start.

Are we going to have the things that the nations did historically? That is, Mandate of Heaven and bureaucracy for China, feudalism (or something akin to it) for the European states, very religious focus for Egypt and Arabia, and... whatever they had over in the Americas?

Thanks for the link Absoluti!

@Magnive, no, players will shape their ideals, culture and governments throughout the game as it always has been. If we don't start in the ancient era, however, there may be already made notions and tendencies more akin to their original histories. These are however, always malleable.

Hi guys!

I'm a new guy to the forums, and I'm interested in the game. Era I like: Renaissance

Top Bottom