Civ Frankenstien

ElliotS

Warmonger
If you could take a UA, UB and UU from any three civs to make your new favorite OP civ which would you choose?

I would take:
UA: Phoenician Heritage (Carthage)
UB: Jelling Stones (Denmark)
UU: Pictish Warrior (Celts)

I think this would give me the most insane start imaginable, and between the fast religion and jelling stones continue to speed up my snowball all game long.

What ideas do you guys have?

UA: Glory Of Rome or Achaemenid Legacy(Persia)
UB: Hanse(Germany)
UU: Mandekalu Cavalry(Songhai)

Such civ will be able to conquer or play peacefully at any stage of game.

UA: It sorta pains me as almost certainly the most leftist member of this subforum, but I think I'd go Manifest Destiny (USA). Early game production and the ability to claim any early game culture tile or elite unit resource I want, and the sight's not useless either.
UB: Piazza San Marco (Venice). I don't even care that Jelling Stones are way better for how I normally play, no enemy espionage advanced actions over all. (Maybe I should be combining with the Arabia UA?) And I am trying to keep a versatility to my Franken, tho I'd probably end up with the gold into votes subbuilding.
UU: I assume the Merchant is cheating, but is the Nau? After all, its not really the Nau itself, but what it turns every CS ally that has a coast into thru the Fei. And even on Large Pangaea, more than enough CSes have a coast I find. Does lock me into Statecraft. If not, I'll go H'wacha (Korea). I know Logistics got nerfed, but starting with two attacks on siege is still pretty great; I'll have the stolen Iron to build/upgrade all the H'wannons I want.

Favorite ua: america
Favorite ub: stele
Favorite uu: pictish warrior.

But if want to combine, i might want to replace ub with early gold generating ub like paper maker. Or change uu for pathfinder.

UA: Mongolia (Mongolian Terror)
UU: Venice (Merchant of Venice)
UB: Rome (Arena)

I've thought about this topic before, and I was thinking of the exact combo used in the OP. Carthage UA + jelling stones is probably the most broken thing available

My other ideas were-
Ultimate tradition civ
Arabian UA
Venetian UB
Pictish Warrior or Incan slinger

Broken Forest combo
Celtic UA
Brazilwood Camp or Iroquois Longhouse
Mohawk/Jaguar/Pictish

Who builds shrines?
Aztec
Ikanda
Pictish Warrior

Pretty much any strategy can make good use of pictish warriors :p

I'd go with:
Mandate of Heaven
Floating Gardens
Musketeer? Possibly just Pictish warrior instead.

Another good solution would be:
River Warlord
Tabya
Mandekalu Cavalry
:D

If you could take a UA, UB and UU from any three civs to make your new favorite OP civ which would you choose?

I would take:
UA: Phoenician Heritage (Carthage)
UB: Jelling Stones (Denmark)
UU: Pictish Warrior (Celts)

I think this would give me the most insane start imaginable, and between the fast religion and jelling stones continue to speed up my snowball all game long.

What ideas do you guys have?

Well, I doubt anything can beat your civ in OPness, it even starts with enough culture to get the first policy (unless it was removed, there's a 25 Culture burst after a Jelling is built, scaling with game length) and has +2C base on top of fifty billion gold from Carthage and free city connections. The only thing arguable is the Pict as there are arguably better UUs like Conquistador, but is it worth trading early Faith and nearly guaranteed religion for? Depends, you should get so much +Production +Culture +Gold from your combination that religion should be doable at all difficulties, simply spam cities and build Shrines asap, but it'd definitely not be as easy. That's trading early strength and early convenience for arguably higher later gain (UU that kills everything + super-pioneer cities, even if free Mission is replaced with a regular Castle).

I'm going to instead say what would be fun to see:

Zulu/Swedish UA
Dojo
Samurai

A Samurai with Sincerity with Zulu UA... The speed of this guy levelling up would be unholy. If that Samurai then got another bushido promo, it'd be lots of fun. Swedish UA instead would also be enjoyable but the XP gain wouldn't matter at all as 10 XP per GG is what a regular Sincerai gets for hitting someone once so it's nothing compared to the might of less XP needed for promotions, but having way more +CS% than Zulu in the UA would mean the Samurai would eat everything in his path with incredible ease, but at the cost of maintenance money/tribute gains.

The worst civ would probably be:

Danish UA
Coffee House (I disregard tile-dependent UI/UBs on maps with little to no of that tile because yeah, they'd be worse)
Any ultra-late UU

Coffee House has only the +GP% rate pretty much from what I remember, the Culture>Science (or was it the opposite?) is not worth much. UU (Panzer) is too late to make an impact for a civ that's got almost nothing special for the earlier eras.

After analysing deeper, jelling stone seems broken. It is indeed too OP. At least it should be spread at
X point/(no of cities-1). The only downside is, you must settle on coastal tile, which limit your settle positioning a bit.

After analysing deeper, jelling stone seems broken. It is indeed too OP. At least it should be spread at
X point/(no of cities-1). The only downside is, you must settle on coastal tile, which limit your settle positioning a bit.
But jelling stone doesn't need to be built on coastal cities, iirc.

I've mentioned that it's the best building in the game bar none by a huge margin before. I'd rate the Acropolis (greece) a distant second for similar reasons.

However Denmark has a weak UA and a decent UU. Their UB is really their only strong point. It also makes them extremely feast-or-famine. When they win they look really good, but when they don't have a good person to war (or start losing a war/get ganged up on) they get crushed. Denmark can't do peaceful, and their UB amplifies the already snowbally nature of war, making them look extremely good when they're winning.

Denmark has very real weaknesses. Their UB and UU are on opposite sides of the Tech tree, which delays their timing on their UU (which has the main benefit of being early.)

They don't get any bonuses to faith, and they don't get any bonuses when not at war.

So the main point is that while they look insanely good when they're winning, and will happily trade unit for unit if no one else is better prey, if they're losing or isolated they're worthless.

They still might be OP, but you'd need larger data samples to decide that. (Because it's yields are so situational that the math is difficult to decide on what is average.)

Venetian UA (More trade routes)
Hanse (Production from trade routes to city states)
Nau (Production and food from trade routes to city states) or Berserker/Mandu Cav (To help with expansion and early war)

If it gets everything set up right, this combo leads to veeeeeery productive cities, but if you go with the nau, it doesnt really have any way to expand except for war, and it gets no help in that department.

The only other combo that would keep with the OP's for powerful starts would be:
UA Siberian riches
UB Stele
UU Pictish warrior

With a border blobs style opener, this civ would basically get a headstart on every front except production.

Venetian UA (More trade routes)
Hanse (Production from trade routes to city states)
Nau (Production and food from trade routes to city states) or Berserker/Mandu Cav (To help with expansion and early war)

Venetian ua come with inability to settle/annex.you cant just pick one.
And venetian ub is one of the strongest ub IMO. Why would you want to swap it with hanse?. For uu, venetian also has one of the strongest uu. Actually the ua is the weakest link of venice.

Venetian ua come with inability to settle/annex.you cant just pick one.
And venetian ub is one of the strongest ub IMO. Why would you want to swap it with hanse?. For uu, venetian also has one of the strongest uu. Actually the ua is the weakest link of venice.
Bro it's just a theory-crafting game. I don't think it matters if he would want Venetian UA without the settling ability. I didn't specify any real rules for a reason. I wanted to have some fun and also see what people thought was really good.

Oh, wait. I found a real one.
UA: Great Andean Road (I don't know it's correct, but Inca one anyway.)
UB: Ikanda
UU: Pictish Warrior
Pictish Warrior with buffalo promotion and can across mountains. What a badass.

Is there a VP compatible mod or any plans for the VP setup to include the options of "building" your own civ, i.e. being able to choose a combination of 3 unique charactersitcs?

Top Bottom