Civ Gold 4.0 Creative Diplomacy Writers Wanted

Which civs, i have some spare time to find a few qoutes for you, and maybe make some up

Since you seem to be familiar with Amra's Civilizations...
You could start with those.

Armenia
Andranik
Assyria
Ashurbanipal
Bulgaria
Stambolov
Etruria
Lars Porsena
Goths
Alaric
Hittites
Suppiluliuma
Italy
Vittorio
Kushans
Kanishka
Majapahit
Gajah Mada
Minoa
Satur
Picts
Calgacus
Troy
Hector

This would keep all but the truly ambitious busy for a while

***NOTE***
Although if you can reference History into these quotes that would be great. but I'll give you an example of something firaxis did to keep in Mind.

Caesar First Contact
Would you like some Salad? I made it myself.

Note the lack of historical thinking behind this!

I hope this is ok, these are adaptations of historical qoutes made by Ashurbanipal. I expect that you might want to alter them but I hope its in the ball park. The more I read about this guy the more i liked him. I can also send you the internet source if you like.

Assyrians

A refuse to talk Response - I will only speak when we have come to mutual understanding.
A No Peace Response - Your words are nothing but wind, I do not believe you, I will not, for a moment, listen to your lies.
A friendly hello response - Let there be peace between us and let us come to mutual understanding?
An Unfriendly hello response - Camels were bought within my country for less than one shekel of silver on the market place, why should I speak to you, hurry and be off you wild ass.
A demand tribute when you are weaker then another civ -Do not contaminate your Own good name, which is unsullied before me and before the whole world. Please help my people.
A demand tribute when you are Equal to power as the other civ -The noise of people, the tread of cattle and sheep, the glad shouts of rejoicing, I will banish from your fields if I do not get what I want.
A demand Tribute when you are stronger then the other civ - Those who had plagued the kings, my fathers, I destroyed, I devastated,
I exposed to the sun, their bones, I carried off to Assyria, give me what I want or the same fate shall be yours.

For an invitation to war,

'Let there be peace between us and let us come to mutual understanding; we will divide the country. between us, no foreigner shall be ruler among us!"

adapted from Roux, Georges (1992) Ancient Iraq. London, Penguin Books.

Thats great to hear, but we can thank Ashurbanipal, these are practically qoutes from him changed around a bit. For Lars Porsena its gonna be a bit hard as there is not much history on him but I will keep going.

This is based on surviving tablets from Suppiluliuma 1 to the King of Egypt, Source of these texts: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/8322/cap-23.pdf, accessed in 2001, unavailable since January 2003 at least I Improvised.

My gramma keys aren\t working as you can see. So i hope you can fill in the apostrophes and question marks. The commas are Ok.

A refuse to talk Response - As soon as my chariots are ready to carry your corpse than we shall speak.
A No Peace Response - And now, as to the tablet you have sent me, why have you put the name of my brother above my name? And who is it who troubles the good relations between us?Until this is resolved we will have no peace
A friendly hello response - Welcome, what you, my brother may want, write to me and I shall send it to my brother.
An Unfriendly hello response - Has such behaviour become custom? My brother, have you written to me thinking that we become allies?Now go, your presence sickens me
A demand tribute when you are weaker then another civ - I wish good friendship to exist between you and me. I have expressed a wish to you, now please help us
A demand tribute when you are Equal to power as the other civ -I did not reject anything your father asked for, and your father never neglected none of the wishes I expressed, but granted me everything, do not refuse, my brother
A demand Tribute when you are stronger then the other civ -If you are my brother, why have you praised my name, when I am no better thought of than a cadaver? But your name I will rub out if you do not meet my demands

You know the fact You can turn these people from dead from 4000 BC to Alive now is incredible. GREAT WRITING. I LOVE IT!

These are quite good! :goodjob:

Keep 'em coming.

One small edit:

A demand tribute when you are Equal to power as the other civ -I did not reject anything your father asked for, and your father never neglected my wishes. Do not refuse, my brother

Too bad there wasn't any Joan of Arc requests. I can just hear her soldiers insulting the English, "I blow my snot in your general direction!"

who is going to be the leader for Nigeria/ i can probably help with the diplomacy for that civ.

Ok, here's a suggestion for Olusegun Obasanjo:

Refuse to talk Response:
Nigeria, will not negotiate with corrupt criminals!
No Peace:
I have endured coups, war and prison. i can endure you too.
Friendly Hello:
Ah, long time my friend, what can I help you with?
Unfriendly Hello:
Who brought this nonsense here?! Well, what do you want!?
Demand Tribute of Inferior:
The Giant of Africa demands the following from your useless people, refuse and you will see why we are the Giant of Africa!
Demand tribute from equal:
Ah, my friend surely you know that we always wanted this...
Demand tribute from Superior:
Poverty and corruption is spreading in our lands, surely someone of your power can do your part to stop it?

Ok, here's a suggestion for Olusegun Obasanjo:

Refuse to talk Response:
Nigeria, will not negotiate with corrupt criminals!
No Peace:
I have endured coups, war and prison. i can endure you too.
Friendly Hello:
Ah, long time my friend, what can I help you with?
Unfriendly Hello:
Who brought this nonsense here?! Well, what do you want!?
Demand Tribute of Inferior:
The Giant of Africa demands the following from your useless people, refuse and you will see why we are the Giant of Africa!
Demand tribute from equal:
Ah, my friend surely you know that we always wanted this...
Demand tribute from Superior:
Poverty and corruption is spreading in our lands, surely someone of your power can do your part to stop it?

Just one note... DEMAND TRIBUTE OF INFERIOR....The Giant of these lands demands the following from your useless people, refuse and you will see why we are the giant of these lands.

This okay with you.?
Not every game will have an africa in it.
as for Refuse to talk Response:----> Nigeria, will not negotiate with corrupt criminals!
i will replace nigeria with the string that allows the computer to look at what a person may have filled in for Civilization name when starting his/her game.

Other than this these are AWESOME! want to do more?

ya that's fine the Giant of Africa is Nigeria's nickname but giant of the lands works too:goodjob: Is Yangshao done yet? If not, who's their leader?

ya that's fine the Giant of Africa is Nigeria's nickname but giant of the lands works too:goodjob: Is Yangshao done yet? If not, who's their leader?

The Yangshao will have a legendary leader - Yu the Great.

hmm, i know a bit about yu but not enough about his personality to do the responses. anyways how many responses are done? and about how long do you think it's gonna be before 4.0's finished? and what's nigeria's UU

Some thoughts for Hector

I'm sure Constantine67 will have better - I have just taken some of Homer's Illiad and used them as responses (almost always Hector's speeches though I have hijacked one of Achilles'). I had to make up a couple as well, but kept them within the context of the Illiad (the only source that I am very familiar with that deals with Hector).

A refuse to talk Response – I would die of shame to face the men of Troy and the Trojan women trailing their long robes if I would shrink from battle now, a coward. Nor does the spirit urge me on that way. I’ve learned it all too well. To stand up bravely, always to fight in the front ranks of Trojan soldiers, winning my father great glory, glory for myself. (Illiad)

A No Peace Response - We Trojans are favored by Apollo the Archer-King, Ares, the god of War, and the goddess of love- the mighty Aphrodite. Why would any son of Priam capitulate to you? (Created)

A friendly hello response – You are welcome beyond the impenetrable walls of Troy, friend. Come, I shall summon Paris and Helen and we shall feast to the glory of our empires. (Created)

An Unfriendly hello response – You have the stench of Agamemnon about you, [civ leader]. Do you bring another man-killer like Achilles to Troy’s pristine shores? If you have brought a wooden horse with you, I think you should go homer. (Created- pseudo humor - could add "You desire to drag my corpse behind your chariot?" if there's room (how Hector's corpse is abused by Achilles in Illiad)

A demand tribute when you are weaker then another civ - There are no binding oaths between men and lions—wolves and lambs can enjoy no meeting of the minds – but grant us this pittance. (Illiad)

A demand tribute when you are Equal to power as the other civ -Come, let us give each other gifts, unforgettable gifts, so any man may say, Trojan soldier or otherwise, ‘First they fought with heart-devouring hatred, then they parted, bound by pacts of friendship.’ (Illiad)

A demand Tribute when you are stronger then the other civ –I am Hector of the flashing Helmet, Prince of Troy, the equal to none in battle save Achilles the Myrmidion. Give me what I ask – or I shall take it by force. (Created)

Take / Leave as you see fit -

Thanks to all modders - especially the Canada mod guys (WYZ / Purple)

V.

is Congo's leader Mobutu Sese Seko? because if it is i can get it done

Top Bottom