Civ I to V: let's hope for Civ VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

madm

Chieftain
I have played countless hours of Civ since Civ I but I'm still quite disappointed with Civ V. Now the second expansion of Civ V is there, time for some all-time evaluation. Civ I was a good starter and got me hooked. However, Civ II was just fantastic (for that time). Civ III was particularly bad (and did not improve when they tried and failed to implement proper MP Civ). Civ IV again was just super, especially after the expansions. And now Civ V disappointing again. Though with the expansions the number of strategic options improved, the AI is still really bad, particularly with 1UPT warfare. I've won on all victory types, but in the end it is almost always the most easy/quick to just win a militaristic victory. Not because my starting position or units or traits are made for warfare, but just because the AI is so bad at it. Let's hope that Civ VI will be like Civ II and IV again.

Okay, I'll bite...

I agree with you on Civ 2, and that's pretty much it. I'd rather play Pacman than another Civ IV.

I remember when Civ V was announced Firaxis said that they started to develop it right after the release of BtS (2nd Civ 4 expansion). So my guess is that Firaxis is at least thinking about Civ VI now or maybe just started development. I hope Civ VI will be better than Civ V, which imo was not a good game. Civ IV BtS was absolutely great imo.

Civ 1 was good, civ 2 was godsend, especially Test of Time. Civ 3 was very buggy when it was released, but once that was cleared, it was an ok game. Civ 4 become good eventually, although I don't like the SoD (and the extremely easy fooled AI to go with it) but Vassals and Companies was fun. The best thing with Civ 4 was Fall from Heaven. Civ 5 was good, something new, a little bit boring perhaps, but good. The boring part was taken care of, first with G&K and now with BNW. Civ 6, lets hope that they spin on the Civ 5 wheel and not take a downgrade and spin on Civ 4.

Civ6 will seem bad at first again. Its just natural, they want to sell expansion packs, so they cant get everything in the vanilla game. The alternative would be to wait 2 years longer and pay 100 eggs for the full game. financial nightmare

Civ 5 is good as it is an we don't need in civ5 forum someone like you to tell us that you are disappointed with civ5. Just get the **** out of this forum and play the game the makes you happy. I am flipping tired of threads like this here. Furthermore, civ 3 was not bad either, I played countless hours if it, and in my opinion most accomplished mods for civ games are made for civ3. So don't open a thread to smear your opinion on us as facts. Tata

So don't open a thread to smear your opinion on us as facts.
Interesting. Is it some sort of thought disorder when you mix up opinions and facts?
Far worse is a repetition syndrome.

Further, I agree with the OP.
I can't find the fun factor in civ5 (too many meaningless repetitive actions?), although BNW has certainly improved civ5 significantly.
It's like everything has been pre-cooked. The whole thought process is very passive.

Civ1+2 were fantastic. Civ3 was a disappointment mainly because of the existence of SMAC. And that's the same reason why civ4 was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom