Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

For those who played Civilization Revolution, wouldn't it be cool if they put in the discovery of forests, plains, etc. and naming them?

There is/has been a thread like this for almost every released videogame, so let's make one for CiV too.

- The full SDK has been released and is available for everyone who owns a copy of Civilization V.

- Turn time optimization; late turn waiting time reduced dramatically.

- Added new diplomatic options. The human player may now...
• Request a leader to move it's military units away from your borders (only usable if someone has military units near your borders)
• Request a leader to stop interfering with your allied City-States (only usable if someone has high influence on a City-State allied to you)
• Request a leader to make peace with another leader (only usable if the particular leader is at war with someone)
• Request a leader to denounce another leader (if they agree, you will denounce the leader too if you haven't done so yet)
• Request a leader for items
• Admire a leader's culture/economy/military etc (Slightly improves relations with the admired leader)
• Mock a leader's culture/economy/military/expansion/warmongering etc (Makes the mocked leader slightly more angry. Mocking a common leader improves your relations with other leaders that have mocked them)
• Ask a leader what their attitude towards another leader is (like in cIV)

- More relationship modifiers have been added...
• Non-conflicting SP choices: +10
• Open Borders: +10
• Defensive Pact: +30 (Also, you may not declare war on the other leader you have a Defensive Pact with for the duration of time)
• Conflicting SP choices: -10
(For comparison, DoF is +50 and denouncing -50)

- UI improvements, bug fixes (Unofficial Patch) and various balance improvements.

- Added possibility to create and upload to the mod browser/internet own custom civilizations, buildings, units, technologies and social policies while in-game. You may create your own UAs, border colors and AI flavors/personalities for custom civs or use the existing ones! (not really necessary, but still awesome!)

Woops. I accidentally posted this in the bug report forum. Please move it to general discussion or ideas & suggestions!

Moderator Action: Moved.

Actually, I would kill for the two first points. I have full confidence that with the SDK modders will fix the rest.

Yea!!! I want to be able to tell AI's "your culture suck so bad that your people beat rocks together" and "our words are backed by nuclear missles".

Yea!!! I want to be able to tell AI's "your culture suck so bad that your people beat rocks together" and "our words are backed by nuclear missles".

It will be possible in the future, made by Firaxis itself or modders when the SDK is out. :)

Post your own suggestions too, as I don't want this thread to be only for my own dream update.

Post your own suggestions too, as I don't want this thread to be only for my own dream update.

Actually, you pretty much nailed what I want with the 2 first points (SDK and performance). The rest (AI, UI and such) can be repaired using the previous points so...

But if I really had to add something, it would be a whole revamp of the Tech Tree, or at least the modern/Future Era. There's basically nothing special about those two.

I'd also like it if they would release a new Civ (free or not) soon. Kicking the same leaders in face might be satisfying but it gets stale after a while.

Hmm, let's see:
- Edit: Oh yes, of course, open the SDK.
- 2 more UUs\UBs for each civ
- An AI good enough that it doesn't need bonuses on Prince and still be around the same challenge.
- Total transparency about every game mechanic, including handicaps and catch-up bonuses; detailed tooltips that hotlink to a Civopedia entry upon middle-clicking or some such.
- Better engine that can run smoothly on more computers
- Ability to play web radio files, fading the music to in-game music for important diplomatic scenes.
- An AI "director" that hinders civs that are doing well and helps civs that are doing badly, but awards special points to compensate, which help out in the endgame.
- And a lot of other stuff on this sub-forum.

- An AI "director" that hinders civs that are doing well and helps civs that are doing badly, but awards special points to compensate, which help out in the endgame.

I enjoy this idea. Reminds me of L4D series's "AI directors".

I'd like some beyond-the-sword updates, to add more options in the game.

Probably not realistic, but you did say dream-update:

- Culture should enable borders to "move". As in, not be fixed. It worked great in Civ 4 that you could take over tiles and cities with culture.
- Religion. Religion gave a more historic and/or personal feel to your civ.
- Multiplayer improvements in general, especially to the AI, so it acts as in single player.
- Also DLC should be available in multiplayer for those who've bought it, even if the other players haven't. (Think of it as a "preview" for whoever experiences other players playing the civs. It would probably sell more DLC).

And of course a lot more techs/wonders/whatever. I'm a sucker for new content, and I'll probably continue to shell out for each DLC they make.

yes, more UUs and Ubs per civ would be nice. i had a thread about making groups of civs (IE Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Asia, and the Americas) each with their own set of UBs and UUs (Both European ones get line infantry,Americas get a graduated pyramid, Middle East gets Mosque)

I enjoy this idea. Reminds me of L4D series's "AI directors".

Right on :)

Since this is a competitive game, people would try to game the director, hence the "points" that help out in the endgame. People would still try to game it, but since this is my dream update and I'm a bit of a role-player, it works for me.

I'd like some beyond-the-sword updates, to add more options in the game.

Probably not realistic, but you did say dream-update:

- Culture should enable borders to "move". As in, not be fixed. It worked great in Civ 4 that you could take over tiles and cities with culture.
- Religion. Religion gave a more historic and/or personal feel to your civ.
- Multiplayer improvements in general, especially to the AI, so it acts as in single player.
- Also DLC should be available in multiplayer for those who've bought it, even if the other players haven't. (Think of it as a "preview" for whoever experiences other players playing the civs. It would probably sell more DLC).

And of course a lot more techs/wonders/whatever. I'm a sucker for new content, and I'll probably continue to shell out for each DLC they make.

There's a lot of stubs in the XML pertaining to religion, my guess is they were planning to include a religion system similar to Civ 4's but it got cut for whatever reason. I wouldn't surprised to see it added in an expansion DLC however.

Top Bottom