1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.

1. thejayq

thejayq Chieftain

Naturalists should be able to be bought with gold next to faith

Jkchart likes this.
  2. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

I hope theres an easy way to stop tiny and inconsequential but annoying civs from spamming you with missionaries. Something like a threat maybe. Like "if I see another missionary near my borders I'll attack"

Additionally, if the discontent system from tourism is still there, it should be revamped. Imagine Hitler in 1942, highly successful in war and taken over most of Europe, with very high approval rates. But no, his citizens are in civil resistance because the British Museum has more artifacts than him:lol:

3. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

It's all about game mechanics. This kind of vocal threat don't have to exist, because you can anytime declare war to those civs. Thing is, it may destroy your reputation, or the civ is too far (and we could admit it knows it), or simply you don't have enough army / happiness, or simply have other cats to whipe. Now, it's clearly not the same thing to declare war on them because they send missionaries, that declare war to them to annex them because they are weak. But, it's the whole, or a whole casus belli system that would have to be revamped / created. And it's not that simple, or the developers would have done it long time ago.

P.-S. : I understand now that you probably suggested an option in the dialogues in order to pose an ultimatum, like "don't settle cities near us" or "stop spying on me". But, I doubt those ultimatums were mitagators in any warmonger penalty. Again, it's a problem of casus belli, that is absent from Civ. A good way to make it possible would be to make the ultimatums possible only if the things happens effectively. Like in Civ5, you couldn't ask for a civ "not to settle near us" if they didn't setttle x tiles near your capital, any of your cities or a combination of the two. Now in Civ5 you can ask any civ not to settle near you even if they are at the other side of the planet, which is pretty silly in my book. Yeah, such a casus belli system could work, but it shold not replace military alliances, I mean you would stil be hurted reputationnally, but just pretty much less. (independently of razing cities or other acts of destruction/criminals)

4. Bkeela

Bkeela Warlord

Please have a Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster religion option, with it's own unique icon. It would also be cool if the Sistine Chapel artwork could be modified to have a Spaghetti Monster in place of the anthropomorphized and bearded depiction of God.

Thanks.

5. Sturmir

Sturmir Chieftain

Rename Cities

The Ability to Regenerate a map (Ala Restart Game function.) - For muligan type purposes.

The ability to save your map settings

The ability to tweak barbarian spawn rates (More or less)

The ability to rename your civilization

Deimal likes this.
  6. jozef57

jozef57 Warlord

after my first 100mins play i like a lot of what is said here. the byzt empire would be super idear// would love more unit diversity. but untill now it is fun

7. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Warlord

Amber as a luxury resource

8. Deimal

Deimal Chieftain

Please, please, PLEASE implement a way to change the default game setup options or to save the last used configuration so that we don't have to re-apply them it anytime we start a new map. I had to wait for a mod to have that in Civ V and I would much prefer to instead just have it as a component of the game.

jamesviago likes this.
  9. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Warlord

Notification of when a city has grown by 1 population, like in civ 5. Hate missing it and having the AI decide which tile to work by the extra citizen - often contrary to my strategy.

Also, regarding city states, I liked how in civ 5 they appreciated when you killed a barbarian on or in their borders. More of that please. Perhaps an extra envoy might be overkill for that, but perhaps there could still be some sort of reward for helping them out like that.

10. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

11. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

Let us turn off the auto unit cycling.

12. Vladesch

Vladesch Warlord

Where is the alert/sentry unit command? Sick of having to manually check my borders each turn. How did this manage to get left out?

13. Ranbir

Ranbir Civ junkie

I want permanent trade routes. It is just unnecessary micro/nuisance to keep resetting them. It is also unnecessary to be visually shown a caravan moving across the map.

Edit: I'd also like diplomatic deals to have a permanent option too. Having to renew deals is getting to be a nuisance. If things need to be renegotiated then that should be by pro-active decision making.

Edit 2: Another idea....Obviously we don't want road sprawl like the olden days...but....why not have tile improvements also provide a road effect anyway? Don't they represent a region that has been developed...and common sense dictates they will have roads/infrastructure!

Then Railroads will be a more important features of being the main 'direct' mode of linkage.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  14. Frank327

Frank327 Warlord

Coastal cities need some big buffs. For one, sea resources/tiles are pretty pathetic. A fish tile will only yield 3 food (that's with the upgrade) with no way to boost it. As a comparison, grassland rice will give 4 food with just a basic farm, 5 food once you've got a water mill and the food yield will only skyrocket from there through feudalism and replacable parts. The only two reasons to settle on a coastal tile are the boost to sailing (which is very small) and one extra housing. The downsides are getting tons of useless tiles and being vulnerable to naval attacks, which means you actually have to spend production and gold on maintaining a proper navy.

I propose all coastal tiles get an extra food output and the shipyard giving all coastal tiles +1 production. Maybe give coastal cities an inherent +1 trade routes too.

15. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Warlord

Anyone notice that gold is gone as a resource? Gold I tell ya - the stuff of empires. ...got to be kidding me! :/

Also, I'm not sure about other civ units, but barbarians do not affect which tiles the city can work. The barb unit can be standing on a pasture, and you can still work it with a citizen. You can also start building a district or wonder on a tile occupied by a barbarian. Probably a bug. Man, there are a lot of them in this game. Sorry for the rant, but despite loving the gameplay changes (districts, unstacking cities, civics tree, great people...etc...), this has to be the poorest civ release in history. The AI is the worst I ever seen, and the map scripts - wow, it's like they didn't work on that at all. I was really hoping for interesting random "terra" type maps.

Oh well, here's to a patch I guess, but I doubt they can help the AI much or give us better map scripts.

16. Ranbir

Ranbir Civ junkie

I miss map sharing. I want map sharing back!

Jkchart likes this.
  17. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

When you click on a city - you get the buttons in lower right - toggle city details, purchase tile, manage citizen, purchase with gold, purchase with faith, production. When you enter the toggle city details, purchase with gold and faith, or production you can close that screen with esc key - for some reason when you get into purchase tile or manage citizen if you press esc key you get the menu that you need to close to continue playing. Please, such an easy fix, just program the esc key to get back from entering purchase tile or manage citizen so you can continue without menu popping out. I like to play with my left hand as much as i can, and this little problem is kinda annoying and unnecessary and i saw a lot of let's plays accidentally open the menu unpurposely because of this issue.

18. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

When you change citizen tiles - it doesn't update in real time A LOT of other systems that it should update instantly. I won't go into all of problems i noticed from top of my head but here is simple example. There are issues where you need to wait next turn in order to show that you for example get extra 2 hammers from militaristic city state, this is not what i'm talking about, although i don't mind fix to that issue either.

Here's an example of what i'm talking about - your citizen was assigned to a tile that made the current civic research in 9 turns. OK. Now you enter citizen management and you switch some other tile that changes culture yields. You exit city management and you enter civics tree and it still says the same turn time - but when you click on some other civic only then it refreshes new research time for the civic it wrongly showed number of turns ... not game breaking but this is minor stuff that should be in game. Basically refresh, calculate and show in real time - as you click it - i understand they didn't polish a lot of stuff, here are suggestions to implement in order for game to be tight, tight like a tiger.

p.s. Are two of my suggestions actually bugs or just me wanting something changed? Should i post this in bugs in order for developers to see it?

19. Mr_V

Mr_V Warlord

I have warmly welcomed the "Upscale UI on higher resolutions" graphics option - I have played Civ V on 4k, and the map was glorious, but the UI was ridiculously tiny. Now, in Civ VI, "Upscale UI" does it greatly.

However... when I play on my 27" screen, it looks great. When I look at it on a laptop... upscaled is way too large, not upscaled is way too small. Just wondered if it would be difficult for Firaxis to implement a "scaler", with values, say, -5 to 5 or so, so that users can customise the scale of UI? A lot of games used to have this, way back since 2005 or so, it would make for just a perfect experience!

20. Ranbir

Ranbir Civ junkie

I'd like there to be more to national parks than just a green border.