Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Hmm, they do have one for Encampments and buildings, maybe one for each district?

That's true, I'd forgotten about Veterancy. Yeah, maybe splitting it up by district would be the way to go.

• Pacifism and Peace-mongering civics.
  • Peace-happiness. The opposite of war-weariness.
  • Neutrality and non-intervention diplomacy.

I've seen there is a foreign power at war with my ally and I cannot have a casus belli for helping my ally. seems like a huge gap in the casus belli system, being powerless to help an ally because i lack a casus belli. Especially considering that there is protectorate war to help city states. It should be like "ally war: used to declare war on a power that has declared war on one of your allies. no warmongering penalties for fighting into that ally's land or liberating cities to your ally.
Also, protectorate war should be used to declare war on a pwer that is attacking your city state ally. It makes little sense that you have to wait until the city state is actually conquered before you can intervene.

Oh, there should also be a good way to mark units who received bonuses from natural wonders - right now, the only way to see if a unit got the spear of fjonn or altitude training is to try to use them and see if they get the bonus. Also differentiating apostles is useful, I hate to go look for the debater one among all others every time. I think just letting you edit names in a way that it is visible only for yourself - so you can rename it as "cannon - spear of fjonn" or "apostle, proselityzer" could be easily done and save a lot of hassle

Give the Workshop more categories. As of right now, we have AI, Gameplay, Scenario, and UI. Civ5, on the other hand, has Units, Buildings, Historic, Resources, Art, Maps, Religion, Gameplay, Fictional, UI, Technologies, Espionage, Map Scripts, Policies, Improvements, Trade Routes, and so on. More organization ought to be implemented ASAP; some mod creators may not be active, and the longer the time that passes, so do mods that might never be categorized properly.

another thing that would be needed would be access to the civilopedia from the main menu. in all previous civ, if one wanted to see something in the civilopedia, one only needed to launch the game. in civ6, one need also to launch a game. and considering the very long loading times, it is annoying.

I would love to trade/sell/exchange units, any units, settlers, scouts, spies(which I can already to buy back from jail in CiVI), musketman, airplanes, tanks, etc. Not only to city-states, but to sell to any player or buy from any player. Same exact way as we do for luxury/strategic resources. It also than make sense to get any units in case of winning the war as a reward.

Trenches - would be neat to have trench warfare... but distinguish them from forts. Maybe forts use 3 charges, extra defense, bombard, and +1 visibility, while trenches are bonus defense, 2 movement, -1 appeal, and 1 charge?

Maybe make forts different district from encampment?

Would also like to see the return of towers - bonus to visibility.

I may be alone on this one but I'd really love to see the return of Diplomatic Agreements and Trait System from Beyond Earth Rising Tides.

Along with the return of Apostolic Palace and World Congress/United Nations.

Would be nice if there was the ability to give a tile to a city state or even another Civ. Sometimes I want a strong city state next to me and my borders have swallowed up some tiles that are not worth much to me but could help the city state out. Maybe even give some benefit for donating them a tile.

If you go into strategic view, it would be nice if fast movement and fighting automatically activates. It's strange to watch the icons of the units running around slowly and waiting on your planes to fly around in this view.

When a unit is GO-TO-ing somewhere, when you select it you should see its current movement path (CQUI mod has implemented it).

Besides, I'd like to have, in addition to the BUY feature of a city, a way to BUY COMPLETE the current production (similar to CIV4), to be able to spend only for the remaining production.

They need to sell real 'Quin's belt buckles.' I'd wear that bad boy through any door in Vegas.

Units can use a movement point to change which direction they're facing (less likely to get flanked by enemy units).

The direction a unit faces is purely aestheticand based on the last direction they moved in. Flanking is when two enemies are adjacent to the unit being attacked.

Hmmm, not a suggestion per se, but I hope that if a ban on whaling comes back, whaling becomes a causi beli.

It would be helpful if messages about wonder completion by other players etc. would include the turn number (date).
Example : "Turn 99 : Stonehenge completed by unknown Player."

There could be an info screen only dealing with wonders and wonder race. Who completed which wonder at what turn. (Like a log or history.) Who is trying to build a wonder. (Based on Gossip, Intelligence).

If a new game is started, it would be helpful if all manual and auto savegames to this game were saved in a separate subfolder the player can specify. (Maybe including an automatic turn 1 savegame and the map.) Otherwise if you play the same leader in multiple games, you always have the risk of confusion and loosing save games by overwriting due to leader-based default file names. Having savegames in separate folders would also reduce number of savegames in the list for save/load menu.

It would also be helpful if the player could specify a modifiable string which is used by default as prefix for the name of all new savegames.
Example : string = "MyGame 1" -> SaveGame for turn 100 = "MyGame 1 - 100 ..."
When going back to an older save and starting a separate branch, the player could modify the string (e.g. "MyGame 1a") and then all new saves would be named with the new string.

Currently you can manage savegames by hand by moving them to folders or deleting them after each game, but it requires to use the explorer and go to the savegame folder. You can also change the proposed name for a savegame in the save game menu, but it is really annoying when you manually have to delete the Leader Name and type your string for hundreds of save games. (marathon speed, I save every 10 turns manually.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom