1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.

1. AJ22PIZZA

AJ22PIZZA Chieftain

Being able to move amenities from one city to another.

2. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight Chieftain

When a unit is GO-TO-ing somewhere, when you select it you should see its current movement path (CQUI mod has implemented it).

Besides, I'd like to have, in addition to the BUY feature of a city, a way to BUY COMPLETE the current production (similar to CIV4), to be able to spend only for the remaining production.

3. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

They need to sell real 'Quin's belt buckles.' I'd wear that bad boy through any door in Vegas.

4. Meowzer

Meowzer Chieftain

Units can use a movement point to change which direction they're facing (less likely to get flanked by enemy units).

Jepp likes this.
  5. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood Chieftain

The direction a unit faces is purely aestheticand based on the last direction they moved in. Flanking is when two enemies are adjacent to the unit being attacked.

6. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Hmmm, not a suggestion per se, but I hope that if a ban on whaling comes back, whaling becomes a causi beli.

7. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

It would be helpful if messages about wonder completion by other players etc. would include the turn number (date).
    Example : "Turn 99 : Stonehenge completed by unknown Player."

There could be an info screen only dealing with wonders and wonder race. Who completed which wonder at what turn. (Like a log or history.) Who is trying to build a wonder. (Based on Gossip, Intelligence).

If a new game is started, it would be helpful if all manual and auto savegames to this game were saved in a separate subfolder the player can specify. (Maybe including an automatic turn 1 savegame and the map.) Otherwise if you play the same leader in multiple games, you always have the risk of confusion and loosing save games by overwriting due to leader-based default file names. Having savegames in separate folders would also reduce number of savegames in the list for save/load menu.

It would also be helpful if the player could specify a modifiable string which is used by default as prefix for the name of all new savegames.
    Example : string = "MyGame 1" -> SaveGame for turn 100 = "MyGame 1 - 100 ..."
    When going back to an older save and starting a separate branch, the player could modify the string (e.g. "MyGame 1a") and then all new saves would be named with the new string.

Currently you can manage savegames by hand by moving them to folders or deleting them after each game, but it requires to use the explorer and go to the savegame folder. You can also change the proposed name for a savegame in the save game menu, but it is really annoying when you manually have to delete the Leader Name and type your string for hundreds of save games. (marathon speed, I save every 10 turns manually.)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  8. Meowzer

Meowzer Chieftain

Diplomatic Victory
    Applies to 2 civilizations. All of the following conditions must be met: For at least 10 consecutive turns, both civilizations are in an alliance, have the same modern government, and between the two of them have a majority of the game's total Culture, Gold, and Science production, and Military Strength, and both civilizations must agree to the Diplomatic Victory.

9. Meowzer

Meowzer Chieftain

Catherine needs a buff. And to be more realistic, her increased Diplomatic visibility shouldn't kick in until she discovers Castles.

Here's what I propose:
    When Castles are discovered, she receives the ability to produce spies, and then gets the increased Diplomatic visibility, AND/OR - receives an additional Diplomatic policy slot. AND/OR - Spies by Catherine always start out at Level 2. AND/OR Spies receive XP 100% faster.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  10. megabearsfan

megabearsfan Chieftain

If it hasn't been brought up yet, I really want a notification button for "Units have queued moves". When clicked, it causes all your units that have multi-turn move orders queued to perform their movement. You could do this at the start of your turn so that your other unit movements don't interrupt the move orders you've already given. I've noticed that a lot of space-empire games (like the new Master of Orion and Endless Space) have this functionality.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Protection and Liberation casus beli be available earlier in order to help counter civs (like Germany) that specifically go after my suzerain city states.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
  11. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

Had a random idea that an LUA where conquering a civ lets you absorb some of its envoys instead of them disappearing.

12. megabearsfan

megabearsfan Chieftain

Heh, as if we need more incentive to kill all the A.I.s... :p

13. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

Regarding : Random seeds for Map, Resources

It would be great if it would be possible to retrieve the Random Seeds from a savegame without using a hex editor.

I currently play on a given Earth Map (Giant Earth), played for 100 turns (marathon) and then restarted the map (new set up of game) due to changing something in a mod (tech speed, etc). Since then I have problems getting a good start with a balance of food, production and luxury resources near start, so it would be great to be able to retrieve the Random seeds from my old save game and to set up an identical new game (map, resources).

Jepp likes this.
  14. Raz.BELOVED

Raz.BELOVED Chieftain

Broadcast center should provide culture in an AoE like Factories and Zoos

Alternate building for the Research lab which is the public school- provides less science but provides science in an AoE, so designed for clumped up city regions.

A leader with a warmonger agenda which changes the first time it conquers a capital to the leader it conquered

15. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

Being able to lose a war without being completely conquered. "Admit Defeat" option which drastically sets back your civilization but cannot be canceled like a peace treaty. Unlocks after 30 turns or so of war.

16. IPERSIAN

IPERSIAN Chieftain

It would be cool if they decided to add a natural disaster feature that you can toggle on/off before creating a game

Jepp likes this.
  17. conorbebe

conorbebe Chieftain

This has surely been suggested numerous times prior, but the ability to choose onto which tile your city's borders will expand next.

Jepp likes this.
  18. Josh The Great

Josh The Great Chieftain

Option to play a game using a saved set of game settings. Or by default the game should be prepped using the previously used game mode settings. I dislike having to go into advanced setup every time to change the difficulty, game speed, map type, etc...

19. MarkAttack

MarkAttack Chieftain

Maybe this is already possible. When I am choosing between 100% adjacent bonus or 100% bonus from district buildings, whether science or culture..., I do not know which would be best for me. I would like to see the actual numbers shown for each,( as I put the card into the policy slot the numbers change, and I can mix and match to get the best results). Right now, I can only see the new numbers after I confirm the policy assignments, then it's too late. I do not want to have to go back and check to see how many libraries I built vs adjacent bonus, etc. The computer AI players are certainly doing the math and choosing the best policies.

20. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

I'd like to see two leaders in the game. Korea with Gwanggaeto the Great of Goguryeo as their leader and Ivan IV the Terrible as a secondary leader for Russia. Reasons:

Gwanggaeto: Goguryeo was a militaristic kingdom who controlled the most territory that a Korean polity has ever held. His personality would be expansive and militaristic, possibly secretive/cunning, which I think would be an interesting take on Korea, which is often portrayed as an isolated yet scientifically advanced civilization. My main argument rests on him being a totally new, unique choice as the leader for Korea.

Ivan IV: As with Gwanggaeto, he has never been in an official Civilization game and would possibly make a very colorful addition. And while I know that this is totally subjective and may be different for others, Ivan IV comes off as a very central character when I think about Russia and its history. Besides, if Russia's UD is the Lavra, including Ivan IV as a secondary leader for Russia would theme nicely.

Just my two cents.

EDIT:
    Other leaders I would love to see in the game are Nezahualcoyotl for the Aztecs, Jan Sobieski for Poland, and Henry VIII for England.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017