1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.

1. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

This could be an improvement built by support personnel outside your territory that is similar to the Great Wall. Seems very doable.

Greywulf likes this.
  2. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

Since coastal tiles get beach resorts, I'd kinda like to see mountain-adjacent tiles get ski resorts. Not that they'd add much to the game, but aesthetically and thematically they'd make for a cool tile improvement.

Jkchart and Greywulf like this.
  3. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

Since artwork isn’t really my thing how about +1 amenity to mountains after researching Professional Sports .

Greywulf likes this.
  4. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Very nice alternative! Would be great to get more use out of mountains in this game.

5. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

For score victory, allow the player to set how many turns it will be (usually it's 500 turns automatically). Would allow for faster or slower games, depending on the player's choice.

6. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

You can already do this. Whatever you set as the turn limit at the start of the game is when a Score Victory, if enabled, is declared.

Frankly, I find it necessary to do so already: 500 turns is a lot on standard speed, and the game is generally all but decided around the 200 mark.

7. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Does it effect any other aspect of the game? Like the game speed.

8. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

I’m not sure what you mean. The game is necessarily over quicker, but the tech pace and production times are whatever you set the game speed to be: online/quick/standard/epic/marathon.

Setting the Score Victory earlier just means that the game ends at turn 200, say, instead of 500.

9. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

I was concerned you meant adjusting the speed of the game, as that changes more than just the number of turns it takes.

Well there you go...I'm still learning about this game. :)

10. King Morius

King Morius Chieftain

I was thinking in a feature resembling the enhanced diplomacy mod. The civs could change leaders along gameplay. This could happen in various reasons, such as revolts &revolutions, civs being conquered and, instead of being absorved, another leader favorable to the conqueror is instelled, and so many others cool reasons. Pretty much the latest total war games work. What do you thinking?

11. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

I would like a system where military units where "built" and then could be stowed away. Then during a crisis or war you could "build" your army out of "storage".

Just as a general idea. I dont like how you usually have a roughly same size standing army for the most part of the game. Armies should be so expensive that you would prefer to keep a small standing army but the option of quick a draft.

Jkchart likes this.
  12. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Perhaps similar to how countries have a standing army and an army reserve? And there's of course being able to draft citizens into the military.

Jkchart likes this.
  13. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Yeah, something like that! Then actually starting to activate your military would really mean something. It could start a chain reaction, which would lead to a huge army popping up after a few turns. How do you respond? Can you avert the crisis? Do you have the totalitarian "half deployment time" card? Or the "secret scramble", half time before it is common knowledge? Maybe "for the alliance"?

When the army is up, the clock is ticking. Coffers are running empty. Your casus bellis are few, your closest civs are forming alliances against your aggression. You might need a quick victory...

Edit: and spying would be really important

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Jkchart and Greywulf like this.
  14. Aparioss Frank

Aparioss Frank Chieftain

Is there any group of modders in the forum that can take requests, or take ideas from those who can't code, and make mods from them?

15. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Here’s a random thought - I’d like to see an early game Naval raider unit. A potential candidate could be the Lembus, which was a ship used by the Illyrian pirates. Idk what tech/civic it should be tied to; I thought it would be cool for it to be on a Civic instead of a tech, like the privateer, but I couldn’t find one early enough that fit.

Greywulf likes this.
  16. schargiel

schargiel Chieftain

I was such a civ 3 and civ 4 fan. Since then I only got disapointed. I really recomend to change the head of the developerteam. Civ 4 was so good. Why the hell did you make a new game???? Go back to civ4 improve the AI and diplomacy and everybody would be happy again.
    I hate you for this **** you made. Sorry but it is so true.

17. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Chieftain

Foreign Trade
    It even gives you the Maritime Industries policy
    Ofc you can get it before sailing. It might be a bit immersion breaking to be able to build a naval unit before you can build fishing boats but I think its the best fit

Jkchart likes this.
  18. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Duh! Why didn’t I think of that! Thank you! :)

Oh well, there is some immersion breaking with the civic/tech split already. It’s imperfect because neither are really dependent on one another for advancement, so it already creates some oddities.

19. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Also another small change I’d like is to stop showing cultural boundaries on water on the minimal. Just personal preference, but you don’t “own” the Sea on a map like the way it is displayed in Civ VI.

20. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Chieftain

A change I'd like
    Trade encourages good relations
    Therefore rather than have sending a trader to a city-state as a quest that might appear I'd make it so that when you are trading with a CS you get an envoy with them, if you cease trading with them you lose that envoy