Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Power lines unlocked with Electricity. They work in conjunction with railroads and would allow cities to share power generated by renewable sources. So, for example, City A has a dam with a hydroelectric dam and a Stock Exchange. City B has a Stock Exchange as well and it would be powered by City A’s hydroelectric dam as long as City A doesn’t build anymore buildings that require power.

I have a bunch of ideas:

Make spies a unit on the map only visible to other civs spies.
  • That way you can use spies to scout enemy terrain when at war for example.
  • Moving a spy to an enemy city is easier if they are close and harder if they are far away.
  • Spies battle each-other like religious units do currently, giving you the opportunity to extract your spy when the enemy starts to close in with their spies.
  • You would need to train the spies like any other unit. Meaning you don't just magically get them and use them just because, they would require planning and resources.
  • You could build any number of spies rather than having a cap, they'd cost maintenance like any other military unit
Make climate change a global lose condition.
  • If climate change remains unchecked then everyone loses at some point.
  • This would effectively impose a rubber-banding mechanic on leading civs to have to deal with climate issues more than losing civs.
Change religion so it's more like city states.
  • Religions are not controlled by any civ
  • They give you bonuses if you do things they want you to do, e.g. Get rid of another religion, convert x percent of your empire to their religion, build them a church, etc.
  • Give civs more reason to want to be the same religion, rather than it being 'my religion or nothing' like it is now.
  • Encourages civs to spread multiple religions in their empire if religions are not directly opposed to each other. Effectively 'Free Religion'.
  • Removes horrible religion wars that i think are terrible gameplay at the moment.
  • Late game version of religion could be the multinational corporation.

P.S.
I already posted this on another thread but i think it better belongs here. Sorry for the double post.

I miss Civ 4 mechanics like the old culture mechanic and stacking units (not stacks of doom) and I wish they would return these somehow. Most of all, I want a true start location earth scenario like Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.

I miss Civ 4 mechanics like the old culture mechanic and stacking units (not stacks of doom) and I wish they would return these somehow. Most of all, I want a true start location earth scenario like Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.

one unit per tile is annoying at times, I don’t mind it in combat but just navigating around the map past city states etc it can be frustrating. Perhaps multiple units should be allowed and bring back collateral damage’ from civ 4. that would heavily discourage stacking in combat situations. Or even only allow one unit to attack from a stack in one turn.

one unit per tile is annoying at times, I don’t mind it in combat but just navigating around the map past city states etc it can be frustrating. Perhaps multiple units should be allowed and bring back collateral damage’ from civ 4. that would heavily discourage stacking in combat situations. Or even only allow one unit to attack from a stack in one turn.
Yeah, they went from one extreme to another in Civ 5 with the implementation of one unit per tile. We already have support units, why can't melee units support cavalry or siege units?

Last edited:
Reactions: PiR
Split up Monumentality into two different dedications:

• Manifest Destiny: Settlers may be purchased with Faith. Settlers are -20% cheaper to purchase with Gold and -30% Cheaper to purchase with Faith.
  • Monumentality: Builders may be purchased with Faith. Builders are -30% cheaper to purchase with Gold or Faith. +2 Movement to all Builders.

Rather than just "muh hills," it would make more sense for Menelik's agenda to be about disliking civs who conquer on foreign continents.
Or maybe we could make it an Agenda that has something to do with his Modernization of Ethiopia.

I just saw the new expansions March 2021 useless !| zombies mod.. who suggests these ideas? . what is civilization becoming? a joke? a children's game? the developers have all my disappointment!

I haven't played the secret societies yet, but it looks like vampires cannot be eliminated from the game, because whenever they die... They fly to a castle or to the capital, so basically they can become 4 beasts at the final tier and never die. Is this accurate?

Why can't they have a cap of charges for how many times they can resurrect? Let's say 3 times each for example. This way Vampires would die if we or the AI got careless.

1. Heroes have the almost the same lifespan regardless of game speed, however their cost varies in full proportion. This should be rebalanced, as it makes heroes less worthwhile on slower speeds.
2. Tech and Civic and GP costs vary with game speed, however they don't vary with map size. Larger map = more cities, districts and pops = relatively cheaper techs, civics and GP. This needs rebalancing.
3. City states should donate captured settlers to suzerain.

Last edited:
1. Heroes have the almost the same lifespan regardless of game speed, however their cost varies in full proportion. This should be rebalanced, as it makes heroes less worthwhile on slower speeds.
I was thinking the same about charges, but maybe that would map-size-related and not speed-related. Playing on a huge map on Marathon, Hercules charges did not make a big impact to my empire, comparatively to other game settings.

Move Portugal's Navigation School from Education to Naval Tradition.

Also, put which techs and civics unlock each civs uniques as well as the new wonders in the patch notes.

I was thinking the same about charges, but maybe that would map-size-related and not speed-related. Playing on a huge map on Marathon, Hercules charges did not make a big impact to my empire, comparatively to other game settings.
On the other hand, Hercules is relatively cheaper to build on a larger map and more cities means it is more likely you will be able to use the triple district completion productively. Just he should live a little longer. It makes sense that heroes life does not scale 100% with the game speed. If changing from standard to epic adds 3 turns to lifespan, then changing from epic to marathon should not add another 3 turns, but 9 turns for 12 turns bonus life turns in total, to keep the proportion, that for each 50% of slow down from standard, 10% of life expectancy is added.
PS also mods like Extended Eras are recommended, as they slightly tweak the effectiveness of roads, which makes it easier to travel over the land on longer distances within your own territory.

Natural harbors - One title natural feature surrounded by three to four land titles that allows naval units to heal outside of friendly territory and increased healing inside friendly territory.

more Future era tech

Algae farm
3k Science cost
prereq - Seasteads
unlocks Algae farm tile improvement
(must be built on a Coast, Lake, or Ocean tile, +4 Food)

Algorithm-managed society
4k Science cost
prereq - Predictive systems
unlocks economic policy Algorithm-managed society
(-50% Maintenance on everything)

Androids
5k Science
prereq - Cybernetics cost
unlocks economic policy Androids
(+15% Production to everything)

Nuclear fusion reactor
6k Science cost
prereq - Advanced power cells
unlocks Nuclear fusion reactor Production building (1k Production cost)
(Industrial district, Nuclear Power Plant attributes except it provides infinite Power in the city for 1 Uranium per turn)

Medical Overhaul for Civ VI
Content for All Leaders

Healthcare Center
Requires Medicine (Medieval Era Technology), Allows Pharmacy (Tier 1), Hospital (Tier 2) and Medical Laboratory (Tier 3), Allows Remedy Research Project (25% extra Food on City when is ongoing, Great People Points towards Great Scientist upon completing), +1 Food per adjacent Woods and Rainforest, +1 Food per 2 adjacent Floodplains and Marsh, Increase Housing by 0.5

Pharmacy
Requires Medicine (Medieval Era Technology), Allows Herbalist (Support Healing Unit Tier 1), produces +1 Science when worked, Increase Housing by 0.5, Increase the Healing of Stationary Adjacent Units by 10, requires Medicinal Plants per Turn to Keep Working

Hospital
Requires Sanitation (Industrial Era Technology), Allows Medic (Support Healing Unit Tier 2), produces +2 Science when worked, Increase Housing by 0.5, Increase the Healing of Stationary Adjacent Units by 10, requires Medicinal Plants per Turn to Keep Working, stacks with Pharmacy for 20 Bonus Healing

Medical Laboratory
Requires Antibiotics (Atomic Era Technology), Allows Supply Convoy (Support Healing Unit Tier 3), produces +3 Science when worked, Increase Housing by 0.5, Increase the Healing of Stationary Adjacent Units by 10, requires Medicinal Plants per Turn to Keep Working, stacks with Pharmacy and Hospital for 30 Bonus Healing

Herbalist
Unlocked with Medicine (Medieval Technology) and Pharmacy (Medieval Era Building), Increase the Healing of Stationary Adjacent Units by 10, Upgrades into Medic, requires 20 Medicinal Plants to be Trained, Purchased or Upgraded

Medic
Now Unlocked with Sanitation (Industrial Era Technology) and Hospital (Industrial Era Building), requires 20 Medicinal Plants to be Trained, Purchased or Upgraded

Supply Convoy
Now Unlocked with Antibiotics (Atomic Era Technology) and Medical Laboratory (Atomic Era Building), Increase the Healing of Stationary Adjacent units by 30 instead of 20, requires 20 Medicinal Plants to be Trained, Purchased or Upgraded

Medicinal Plants
Strategic Resource Unlocked with Irrigation (Ancient Era), Requires Plantation to be Connected for your Civilization, Required to Train, Purchase or Upgrade Herbalist, Medic and Supply Convoy Units, Required to keep Pharmacy, Hospital and Medical Laboratory Working, Terrain Bias is Rainforest, Woods, Floodplains and Marsh, Resource Yields +1 Gold and +1 Science when Worked

Epidemy
Disaster that spreads through trade routes, doing mayhem on unfortunate civilizations hit by it.
This Disaster kill some Citizens and Damage some Units, however once those Units and Cities Survive they gain bonus Combat Strength, unless if this feacture is Disabled by Climate Change Level 4+.
Then they gain reduced Combat Strength instead if this feacture is Reversed by Climate Change Level 5+.
Epidemics have Higher Reach on Large Empires with Multiple Trade Routes, and More Persistance on Tall Empires with Huge Population on Cities.
Epidemy has spawn bias into tiles with negative appeal.

Top Bottom