1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ II Help! How can I play again!

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by dfrbrowne, Feb 9, 2012.

1. dfrbrowne

dfrbrowne Chieftain

HI,

I have been playing CIv II on and off for over ten years on my old powerMac 7200/90. I tried Civ III on my PC and even CIv 5 (I hated it and chucked it away after one go!).

My monitor on my old mac has now died. I use an Imac for my home work (I am a graphic designer) and my spec is OSx 10.6.8. I am also based in the UK.

Is there anyway I can get to play CIvII on my Imac? Can I buy a copy to work?

I tired to download a version to my PC but as I am in uk would not work. I run windows 7 on the pC so could play a version on that?

Thanks

2. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

Consider the information in this thread. Since you have the mac version of Civ II, the information might not be directly applicable (I don't own a mac, so I don't know for sure).

Since you are a Mac user, you might be able to get an old Mac OS from their website and use virtualization software to create a virtual computer. Install the OS on the virtual computer, and then install Civ II on it.

You might get more information in the tech support forum.

3. FNP

FNP Chieftain

Civ II MPG for PC running on my iMac OSX 10.7.5
    Download the latest version of wineskin. make a wrapper. load the Civ2 MPG CD in the wrapper. Runs fine.