1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ II simply won't start

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Sdaco, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Sdaco

Sdaco Chieftain

Ok so I've been trying to run this game since 30 mins but I simply can't do it.

I tried all patches or tips, but upon starting the .exe, there's a very small loading cursor, I can see a civ2.exe in the task manager but then the game doesn't start at all.
    I tried the 2 differents x64 patcher, I tried the MGE extract files although I don't even that cause I have the original MGE CD, but the autorun.exe won't work from the CD here.

I could use a little help cause it's been a while since I want to play this game again!

2. catalin72

catalin72 Chieftain

Hello.I have too original CD from Sid Meier's Civilization Chronicles and to protect it I use an image of a disk,mounted with Power ISO.All OK in my Windows7 64b,just movies of advisors can't see,can see them using XP.
    That patch of FoxAhead,UIA you tried,has many fixes?
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civilization-ii-mge-user-interface-additions-civ2uia.623515/